3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

RevTek installed, Before and After shots.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweeet truck, cant wait to put my kit on, its been in the basement for 3 months
Old 02-24-2006, 01:09 PM

jeez, mine went on about 30 minutes after the UPS man dropped them off. Took about 1.5 hours by myself with a lift.

Tom
Old 02-24-2006, 01:41 PM

toe is not changed by a leveling kit. the caster is affected as is the thrust angle. mainly, the track bar is the culprit of the DW. with only 2" of lift though, my opinion is it just allows problems that were already there to become more noticeable, such as worn front end components.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by richsipe
The problem as someone more knowledgable than me has explained it, is that the leveling kit messes with the front end suspension geometry. By spreading out the suspension 2 or so inches you create a geometry which more quickly wears on parts in the front end. You can (and really should) align the truck to adjust the toe (out I believe) and alignment to get the tires back flat after the kit install but because the parts are still the same as when the front end was 2 inches lower you will get serious wear over time (thousands of miles I think but way quicker than they should and aggrivated by the new heavier/larger tires most people are running to warrant the leveling kit) and the death wobble can/will result. I think it is the control arms and stabilizer bar but not enough of a gear head to remember. All of the "lift kits" include extended and strengthened parts to make up for the change in geometry. Once you would buy the necessary upgrades though, to better support the extra 2 inches you might as well get a 3'' lift kit

Anyways not sure if this explination is way off base or not but it is what is keeping me form putting the leveling kit on my truck. If someone else can explain it better I would love to hear it so I can be more informed. I know the DW was a big concern for me once I started reading about our trucks and moding them.
Thanks, and I'm sorry I have not been online, but Duty Calls. I believe your right on as far as the stabilizer bar because I have been doing some research into it as well and that is what is being said. I know the spacers will add a quicker wear to the bar, but looking at my truck, I'm not sure if I need them because it looks pretty good as is. Thanks again.