3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

REVO vs. 4.4

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be on the fence watching and waiting to see what becomes of the 4.4 vs. Revo debate. Makes me wonder, thats for sure.

If the Revo wasn't better, or should I say more capable of making big hp numbers than 4.4, why would they come out with it....other than the adjustabilty and features you get?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by BossHogg
why would they come out with it....other than the adjustabilty and features you get?
A lot less smoke. Cars are no longer swerving behind me anymore when I romp on it. I kind of miss the smoke on demand.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:19 PM

I don't think it's fair to compare the 4.4 (or 4.2 / 4.3) vs. the Revo....I think the standard revo is just a new version of 4.11 (with adjustability / tweaks) e.g. daily driver software (170hp)...the 4.4 was "Race or at least agressive" software....and it's replacement is the Revo R "Race"....and / or if they bring back the TnT Non R (230hp / no 4k / no shift lock)....

That being said, in my opinion the TnT R 5.4 with 4k = stock and Shift Limiter = stock....is a viable replacement (few tweaks needed still) for beta 4.4....the last 2 days i've been using level 7, RP=3, Timing=2, WG=Off, TM=3....and here's my thoughts vs. Beta 4.4 Level 9

Positive: Throttle response is great (tad touchier than 4.4), power is great (sop = faster than 4.4), smokes a touch more overall, mileage = no clue, egt's = 1400* to 90mph (so hotter than 4.4), boost / spool up is everybit of 4.4 (this is what i couldnt get from the early TnT non R 4.13...sure they'll fix this)....rp maxed at 25k...seems a touch less than 4.4 across the board...

Negative (but probably not a smarty issue): TM = 3 is more agressive than previous moderate tq mgmt's...much closer to wild.....on my truck (DTT setup for Moderate)...this means that it holds shifts at light throttle to 2200 rpm....just not good for daily driving...same reason i dont use wild tm on other softwares....and if i knock it down to TM=2...it's completely neutered compared to TM=3 or beta 4.4....this is probably the trans...but it breaks my heart as i cant run like this...so i have gone back to 4.4 which my trans loves and offers all the other benefits....

Moral of the story, i think all the 4.4 lovers will like the TnT Non R (which in theory is no longer avail, but bob referenced that it may make a comback in another post)....per bob's post (230hp, no 4k, no shift limiter)....if this does come out, and is similiar to Revo 5.4 (TnT R)....then we'll all be in business with a viable 4.4 replacement....

I really, really wished the tm 3 was the same as previous software (or beta 4.4) so i could continue to test...but i dont like warming the truck up with 2200rpm shifts....or driving in traffic that way...

Marco and Bob Rock...they've been tireless with the free updates...they'll get us there!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good writeup jgiachino.

Personally I think the 5.4 TNT is every bit as good compared to the 4.4, and more so. With the manual it's just so much smoother.

MikeyB
Old 05-08-2008, 09:24 AM

I know he mentioned that the TNT Revo non R is going to come out, but who knows when? I just want the TNT non R or similar so I can get on with it already!!LOL

Really, Im fine with the 4.4 beta (I think I have an earlier one), its tried and true from what I can tell at this point. If you follow the posts, its got some of the best reviews, plus I like to wait to see what happens with other rigs before I go putting Revo/TNT on mine!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by BossHogg
I know he mentioned that the TNT Revo non R is going to come out, but who knows when? I just want the TNT non R or similar so I can get on with it already!!LOL

Really, Im fine with the 4.4 beta (I think I have an earlier one), its tried and true from what I can tell at this point. If you follow the posts, its got some of the best reviews, plus I like to wait to see what happens with other rigs before I go putting Revo/TNT on mine!
TnT Revo (Non R) is now posted on download section.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
4.4 is old skool now.....

MikeyB
Old 05-09-2008, 08:58 AM

but at $4+ agallon still way cool !!! now i need 2 smartys 1-4.4& 1 revo tnt
Old 05-13-2008, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by jgiachino
I don't think it's fair to compare the 4.4 (or 4.2 / 4.3) vs. the Revo....I think the standard revo is just a new version of 4.11 (with adjustability / tweaks) e.g. daily driver software (170hp)...the 4.4 was "Race or at least agressive" software....and it's replacement is the Revo R "Race"....and / or if they bring back the TnT Non R (230hp / no 4k / no shift lock)....

That being said, in my opinion the TnT R 5.4 with 4k = stock and Shift Limiter = stock....is a viable replacement (few tweaks needed still) for beta 4.4....the last 2 days i've been using level 7, RP=3, Timing=2, WG=Off, TM=3....and here's my thoughts vs. Beta 4.4 Level 9

Positive: Throttle response is great (tad touchier than 4.4), power is great (sop = faster than 4.4), smokes a touch more overall, mileage = no clue, egt's = 1400* to 90mph (so hotter than 4.4), boost / spool up is everybit of 4.4 (this is what i couldnt get from the early TnT non R 4.13...sure they'll fix this)....rp maxed at 25k...seems a touch less than 4.4 across the board...

Negative (but probably not a smarty issue): TM = 3 is more agressive than previous moderate tq mgmt's...much closer to wild.....on my truck (DTT setup for Moderate)...this means that it holds shifts at light throttle to 2200 rpm....just not good for daily driving...same reason i dont use wild tm on other softwares....and if i knock it down to TM=2...it's completely neutered compared to TM=3 or beta 4.4....this is probably the trans...but it breaks my heart as i cant run like this...so i have gone back to 4.4 which my trans loves and offers all the other benefits....

Moral of the story, i think all the 4.4 lovers will like the TnT Non R (which in theory is no longer avail, but bob referenced that it may make a comback in another post)....per bob's post (230hp, no 4k, no shift limiter)....if this does come out, and is similiar to Revo 5.4 (TnT R)....then we'll all be in business with a viable 4.4 replacement....

I really, really wished the tm 3 was the same as previous software (or beta 4.4) so i could continue to test...but i dont like warming the truck up with 2200rpm shifts....or driving in traffic that way...

Marco and Bob Rock...they've been tireless with the free updates...they'll get us there!
I definatly agree with what you say as far as 4.4 vs. REVO vs. TNT. I wish I could run TNT, but my pump can't keep up...yet. I tried REVO sw9 for the last few days and I really enjoyed it but I think I will go back to 4.4 until I can do something with my pump. REVO has a little more power on top, but around here it is much more fun to have it come on hard down low.

With REVO, my RP stayed rock solid at 22k. With 4.4 it will drop a little when it shifts and quite a bit when it hits overdrive, so I guess my pump has a hard time keeping up, but for my truck, this one feels the strongest...for now.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:18 PM

I've been beating up the TnT (4.14) tune...tried lots of settings.....i just can't replicate the magic of 4.4....i need a turbo/pump/injectors to utilize it's potential above 4.4's....but that's the problem...unitl i get those parts added, 4.4 is better than TnT for my truck and my driving needs....TnT Level 5 just doesnt compete and level 7 (or 9) is too much for my mods....so i'm stuck at 4.4 and saving for another $4k+ in investment....it's all good, now i have a reason to buy more stuff! :-)
Old 05-13-2008, 10:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jgiachino
I've been beating up the TnT (4.14) tune...tried lots of settings.....i just can't replicate the magic of 4.4....i need a turbo/pump/injectors to utilize it's potential above 4.4's....but that's the problem...unitl i get those parts added, 4.4 is better than TnT for my truck and my driving needs....TnT Level 5 just doesnt compete and level 7 (or 9) is too much for my mods....so i'm stuck at 4.4 and saving for another $4k+ in investment....it's all good, now i have a reason to buy more stuff! :-)

I am in the same boat as you, I can't find anything on the TNT to replicate the performance the 4.4 brings (on my truck). Thing is I'm satisfied with it and my current mods.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by rip 112
I am in the same boat as you, I can't find anything on the TNT to replicate the performance the 4.4 brings (on my truck). Thing is I'm satisfied with it and my current mods.
We'll at least you have the turbo already....means you're really only a CP3 mod away from freeing the beast....i'd planned on a turbo anyhow...and some small sticks to protect against higher pressures but not necessairly any cp3 mods....
Old 05-14-2008, 09:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Again I'm with you. I never planned on touching the cp3. Stix, maybe, if it came down to it. Main thing is i'm happy now, I'm not gonna push for more because i want to reserve that for when I want more power. When I get tired of 450+ hp.