3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

remove EZ and VA for TSB @ dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
remove EZ and VA for TSB @ dealer

I removed the VA duration box and the Edge EZ from my 04 so the dealer would not hassle me. It is amazing what one gets accustomed to power wise. Right now I consider it a DOG and will reinstall the VA today. I want to see what it does by itself and had originally added it after the Edge EZ so the truck never ran-w-just the VA duration box.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:06 AM

ppsi,

I want to stack like you. Tell me what your observations of the VA alone. I love it, but it seems like a little pressure added to level one duration will be the way to go power and economy wise. I will need to do the pusher pump mod like you. If you would pm me some day at your convience and send me some pics, instructions, and parts list, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2004, 06:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have two guys at work here that have been running Holly Blue pumps on their second gens for a long time. They love them. I have seriously been considering one myself. I can run my truck out of fuel pretty easy, so I need to do something soon.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM

I can already tell the VA is helped by the edge. I have the VA alone now and my SOP meter tells me the edge EZ on three would give at least another 50 hp stacked and gobs more torque. I am out of town this weekend and as soon as I get back I will restack the boxes. My complaint is the VA on 2-w-the EZ is too hot on the EGTs no doubt.
You will need more fuel and if you do any off road don't do the rubber hose splice thing I did. Go the ultimate installation John_P did-w-the stainless and AN fittings. I have a complete setup I would sell if someone is interested except for the relay and bracket. The relay is just a small horn realy at any auto store and the bracket-well you are on your own. Keep bugging me for pics. The way I did my bracket it holds the large nut ont he 3/4"X4" single bolt that goest throught the "provided" hole in the frame right to the rear of the front tire and makes mounting it easier. I just spliced the pump into the rubber line (lazy man me) going to the lift pump and did the electric and that was that. Now my guages were a real project but they are done too (see pics) and are a joy. Hopefully soon VA will have the timing issues square and the EGT's will go down. I also did a straight pipe-w-a straight through resonator exiting in front of my rear tire more for looking different and it is 4" from turbo out-w-2 45 degree bends. I would say no performance gain and maybe 50 degree EGT drop but the visual affect is what I was after. With just the AFE, straight pipe Pro guard-7 and Edge EZ on 4 I did a 15.1 1/4 mile at Rockingham (legit no lie got the printout) Now I would hazard to say this truck is easily into the mid 14's and then into the tranny shop so I doubt I will try it....but you can and let me know.