3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

RECON installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
RECON installed

Ok, I got the smoked cab lights, 3rd brake light and the line of fire on so far. Had a buddy from a local accessory shop in town come over and help with the cab lights. He had a template from Dodge and it made things SO easy and made up our own harness. Tapped into the stock harness on the right A pillar and they look KILLER. will have pics up soon and have to send pics to Heath as well. Hope I make the deadline for the catalog!

we used a bit of silicone on the screw holes and the hole where the wire comes thru the cab. got everything installed and closed the doors and took the hose to it to check for leaks before installing the headliner. NO leaks so GOOD TO GO!!..

Still have the bed lights and fender lights (which will be installed under the hood with a pin switch so I can see something when the hood is up) to install
Old 07-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Chapter President

here is a cell phone shot of the cab lights. will post more when I can get the camera downloaded.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks good. Look like you did a good job on the lights.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Chapter President

Thank you. was a bit nerve racking drilling into the cab on a new truck but not too bad.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

sweet install.... they look factory. Give us a night shot if you get the chance
Old 07-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Chapter President

I need a memory card reader for my laptop before I can download my camera so here is another shot with my phone.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Banned

It's about time!!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 05:13 PM

more pix, more pix!! Thats a SWEEEEEEETTT Truck!!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Chapter President

It has been raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock here. Started to rain when we were installing the lights. Glad it did not POOR on us. I took pics along the way. Will go and buy a remote memory card reader so I can download the camera and post more pics. I need to take pics and send to Heath for the catalog. Hope I make the deadline. He just told me to hurry. Am not going to install the bed lights til I get the bed lined. Don't want to do it twice.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Banned

Now all you need is to join the fun with the rest of the stuff!!

I've talked to Heath almost everyday last week....I have the smoked cab lights, the smoked third brake light, the line-of-fire......and I recently installed the Big Rig amber lights under the doors! Install was easy...wiring was a bit harder (actually...just figuring out how to remove the headlights). Once I got the headlights out it was DEAD EASY!

I thought they might be too bright.....NOPE! When they come on with the parking lights they are very subtle. They are very noticeable when they blink brighter when you turn the blinker on. They work GREAT for my truck with 6" of lift and 37's....PERFECT height for people next to me to see my intentions when turning or changing lanes.

Oh....and I also have a set (some of Heath's first??) of his smoked LED taillights!! NOT installed...yet. They came in Friday and I was on my way to MD to see my wife. Yes, yes, yes......they are advertised 02-07 (or at least they WERE). I've talked with Heath and I am going to help create an adapter pigtail for the 07's. I have mounted the lights and they look GREAT....I had to do it right when I got home tonight....couldn't wait!

I'll work on the pigtail tomorrow and then get them all wired up.

Mind you....I could mount and wire them with inline splices and heat shrink....it WOULD work and it would likely be just fine. However, it is my opinion that RECON wants to be able to offer a little better option, so I volunteerd to put a pigtail together.

cbrahs....if Shane would have hurried up, your lights would have shipped WITH a template!! LOL!!

Just giving Shane a hard time!!
Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Banned

I offered him a template!!!! Viper.. we need pics!!! Heath offered me a set too but for some dome reason I bought some off ebay... I didn't know they were goona make some.. I wanna see the big rig light tooo... Might be ordering some of those!!!!

Chris no call back??? Hope you didn't get rained ontoo bad!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Chapter President

Ya no doubt!! all Shane's fault!! LOL!!

My buddy is a manager at a local accessory shop and he saved me with having a dodge template. we taped it on and then taped the lights to the template then drilled away.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
I offered him a template!!!! Viper.. we need pics!!! Heath offered me a set too but for some dome reason I bought some off ebay... I didn't know they were goona make some.. I wanna see the big rig light tooo... Might be ordering some of those!!!!

Chris no call back??? Hope you didn't get rained ontoo bad!!!

We did not get too much rain, just enough to need a towel while screwing the lights down. Sorry for not callin. Got busy and then had the kids this weekend and we were out having fun.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking good Chris
Old 07-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cbrahs
We did not get too much rain, just enough to need a towel while screwing the lights down. Sorry for not callin. Got busy and then had the kids this weekend and we were out having fun.
Sure... I see where I rate.. truck, kids................

Shane!! J/k...

Quick Reply: RECON installed