3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Re:Banks PDA

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Banks PDA

Banks finally got the PDA's in for Dodge and i got it installed last week.Its working great.Cool thing that i didnt know was that aside from all the functions,the PDA will also check/clear OBD II diagnostic codes with full detailed description.

Also the PDA was not compatible with my 3 month old 6-gun tuner.Seems they are having problems with all 3 makes from what my salesman told me.A Ford guy there had to have his tuner reflashed to get the PDA to finally work while i was there.They exchanged mine for a new tuner/speedloader.

I know Banks might seem too expensive for some but,at least i didnt get charged 4.5 hrs. of labor.I was ranting to the service manager about a few things.So,they didnt charge for install including the PDA.

In the end,i was very satisfied with their service/install dept.Very professionally done.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how much was the total between the 6-gun/speedloader and the pda? just the sixgun and the speedloader was same as the juice w/att when I was buying.

they wer both around ~650 on ebay. is the pda options another $300 or so?

4.5 hours of labor? good thing you did not pay as that seems way to long.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:24 AM

The numbers are pretty much the same.I went to a 4x4 offroad show last Oct. and was able to get the show price which was 15% off.

If my mind serves me right,i was quoted much higher when i put a deposit on the package.After giving me credit for the 6 gun exhange my receipt shows the new 6-gun was $550 and speedloader $84 and $249 for the PDA.

I was confused with the price of the PDA.I understood PDA was suppose to be around $600 including docking station.I wasnt about to complain.I just paid and got the hell out of there.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:13 AM

yeah they had that thing on trucks a long time ago but you try to find the power PDA on ebay cheap or something and you just can't find it. I looked at it as it has some of the same safty features at eh juice. it was just more money and I am cheap. Banks has a bad rap on this board but I am sure some people are plenty happy with the stuff.

how are the egt's with the setup. the 6-gun is a pressure/timing box right?
Old 02-01-2006, 03:49 PM

I have been thinking about the sixgun or edge /attitude for a while. I have helped install the edge/attitude but never banks. Is the sixgun a plug and play setup like the edge or do you have to cut wires and splice? I want something that is easy to remove for warranty issues.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:36 PM

I can't coment on the install as they don't seem to have instructions on their website. which is completely retarded IMO how hard it is to put a pdf up on the page. Edge has all of ther manual up on the site. I would asume it is plug and play though. I would personally go with the juice as it is a timing and duration as oposed to the pressure and timing.

I chose the juice over banks on three basic things

1. price ( it is cheaper)
2. no added pressure
3. better costumer service reputation
4. I liked the mounts out for the attidude vs the pda solution

now some people might like the pda option I wasn't that big on it. they are very similar options wise though.