3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

RASP Mechanical pusher pump!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation RASP Mechanical pusher pump!?!

Does anyone have any info on this mechanical pusher pump by K-O Engineering yet? I can't even find a website on them.

-Richard
Old 08-08-2004, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a VERY long thread over on TDR in the 2nd Gen forum from when DTT was testing it. That wasn't too long ago. Haven't heard a peep from anyone, not even DTT since then. It may not be ready yet (?). Speculation during testing was that it would be in the $800 to $900 range. Sure would be nice to find out what the final price settled at.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:06 PM

Thanks AK. I'll keep looking for the thread. Happen to have a link or remember the thread name?
Old 08-08-2004, 03:44 PM

It was something like "Ultimate Lift Pump" or "Ultimate Fuel Pump". I'm not a member, so I couldn't go find it for ya.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:49 PM

I found it. Still can't really find any good info on it. What I don't get is if it's so great and the end to all flow and lift pump worries, why aren't people talking about it and why is there no readily available information. My lift pump is dying a slow death and I need to upgrade asap.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:14 PM

Same here. I already ordered a FASS.

My guess is either it is not ready or the price is a little high. I'm confident that you will fill us in on Monday after you talk to DTT.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:52 PM

A link on DTR: https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=43458

Just in case you don't like reading, page 8 has the pictures. In this case, a picture may be worth more than a 1000 words.

brandon.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:45 PM

Got a couple of pm's back. Looks to be around $650. The only problem I see, after reading the installation instructions, is that thier needs to be a check valve between the current electric lift pump and the fuel filter. Looks like you would need to have a remote mount electric pump to start with. Soooooooo, it looks like the DD pusher kit with the fuel filter inlet adapter to start with for me.

AK RAM,

Do you happen to know which pump DD uses and why did you decide to go with the FASS?

-Richard
Old 08-08-2004, 10:06 PM

DD uses a Carter pump, the same as the stock lift pump, but a step up in the model line-up (supposedly better). I spoke (on-line) with too many people that ended up replacing their Carter from DD a lot sooner than they were expecting. Some as soon as three months after install. I asked DD about this and they said that the folks that seem to have trouble with their Carter are the folks that continuously run their tank below 1/4. They recommend you keep the tank above 1/4, 1/2 is better. The people that do this are seeing good life out of their pumps. I didn't think I needed something else to worry about. Other than that, it comes with bigger lines and fittings and plumbs into the stock filter housing.

After talking with Rip Rook (call him, he does have the best price on the FASS), the fittings supplied with his FASS kit to plumb in at the CP3 are the exact same metric size used on the stock fuel filter housing inlet, so, if you like the idea of keeping the stock housing, you can plumb in there instead of at the CP3 and leave the stock filter outlet to CP3 hose in place. Rip said that everything you need to do this is provided in his kit and he installs many this way for the folks that want to keep their fuel heater and water-in-fuel sensor.

Also, if gelling in the FASS filter is a concern in the winter, you can knock the guts out of the filter and run it as an empty can provided you kept the stock filter in place. No gelling concerns. I may get an extra filter and gut it, then carry it around with me my first winter just in case. The Air Dog (Preporator) is nice and is a smaller unit. However, all the hoopla about air removal and the fancy low pressure light is not something that I need, nor something I want to pay for. If I could have gotten the FASS without the fancy air removal valves and chambers, I would have. I just want a reliable pump. The FASS and Air Dog use the exact same pump, so I went for the cheapest.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:12 PM

Originally posted by AK RAM
DD uses a Carter pump, the same as the stock lift pump, but a step up in the model line-up (supposedly better).
You must mean the same as the 2nd gens? Is the little pump attached to our housing a Carter?

As far as the metric inlet on the filter, he must be speaking of the 2nd gen. If I'm correct the only inlet is where the lift pump attaches directly to the fuel filter.

-Richard
Old 08-09-2004, 12:41 AM

Originally posted by Gypsyman
You must mean the same as the 2nd gens? Is the little pump attached to our housing a Carter?
I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

As far as the metric inlet on the filter, he must be speaking of the 2nd gen. If I'm correct the only inlet is where the lift pump attaches directly to the fuel filter.
That's just what I was told. I'll be able to confirm that for ya some time next week....I hope. I'll be rather upset if that is not the case.

Brian
Old 08-09-2004, 11:02 AM

Just talked to Rip to confirm. He was under the impression we were talking about an 02, so I'll have to come up with another way to make this work.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:32 PM

Problems here too. I need the fuel filter adapter from the DD pusher pump kit to add a RASP and as usual they won't sell it seperately. So I either have to fab an adapter myself, if I ever get some down time from the road, or buy their kit.

-Richard
Old 08-09-2004, 04:58 PM

I left a message with DD today asking about just the adapter. I haven't received a return phone call. They could make a kill'n selling these to the folks that want to do their own thing. That's a shame.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:56 PM

For those that have replaced their stock pump already, anyone have a stock filter housing with the stock pump still attached that they would be willing to give up for a while? If someone would be willing to send me one that I can use as a template, I'll machine some of these brackets and offer them up at cost. I'll send the housing back to you when I'm done.

Quick Reply: RASP Mechanical pusher pump!?!