3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
View Poll Results: Qzilla, Edge, Smarty, TST?
Qzilla + Commander
27.91%
Edge + Attitude
27.91%
Smarty + Gauges
26.74%
TST + R49
17.44%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Qzilla, Edge, Smarty, TST?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 03:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still don't get it why is everyone voting for the Edge or something else if every comment is for the TST or Smarty??? Please say why you chose the Edge or the Qzilla. Thanks! I am just trying to figure out how to make the most efficient power I can.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:15 PM

So I think I will get either the Edge or TST. I just like how much cheaper the Edge is with all the gauges included. Does it cost extra to get the HOT Juice?
Old 08-26-2006, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad

Originally Posted by subspd
I still don't get it why is everyone voting for the Edge or something else if every comment is for the TST or Smarty??? Please say why you chose the Edge or the Qzilla. Thanks! I am just trying to figure out how to make the most efficient power I can.
Personally I would go with the Qzilla setup as it is well priced, customer support outstanding, and it has done what I expected it to. One good aspect of the Commander is it will work with other modules, definitely a BIG +. Having said that I have not owned the other setups but then I have not felt the need to change from the Quad. Quad also posts on this forum with new products, advice, and troubleshooting.

L8r,..............dogger
Old 08-27-2006, 12:30 PM

This is a good thread for me too. My 06 is bone stock, at first I wanted standard gauges in the I-pillar but now I'm leaning toward gauges built into the controller, like the 'all in one' aspect of it.
Like to just get the gauges now and add the chip later, don't want to void my warranty.

Have heard of Bully Dog, Edge, Quadzilla, never seen or heard of the Smary, can someone provide a link?
Do any of them have a cool down timer based on EGT's?

Thanks, this place is a great source of info for us Cummins newbies!
Old 08-27-2006, 03:52 PM

I currently have quad's product and my vote reflected such. However, I'm seriously considering Smarty. I think the reason Smarty might not have as many votes is due to the newness of the product.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:57 PM

SO, what is the best box/programmer for a 2006 that is completely STOCK, I am looking for MPG?

I read the SMARTY does NOT work on a 2006.

I want something that does NOT raise fuel line pressure, or if it does, then a VERY little raise.

What would keep EGT down?
Old 08-27-2006, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by pet05
SO, what is the best box/programmer for a 2006 that is completely STOCK, I am looking for MPG?

I read the SMARTY does NOT work on a 2006.

I want something that does NOT raise fuel line pressure, or if it does, then a VERY little raise.

What would keep EGT down?
X2 on the above...
However the Smarty will be available soon for our trucks. I dont want ANY pressure raise personaly. So I am still trying to decide what way to go. I like the Edge, TST and the Smarty with the Commander would also be nice. For the money the Edge with Attitude offers a lot. But the other two will grow with me throught the years...