3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

quick tnt/r question

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its a known FACT that 4.2 runs better then tnt on the 03 and early 04 trucks.but evry truck is different.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:52 PM

I am going back to the dyno to mess around with programing and see if I can get some higher numbers. I never even tryed even #'s on my truck I might have to do that. I would not mind trying the TNT on the dyno and see if my truck likes it or not. I have talked to alot of people about how that I think and they as well that the power seems alittle low on my truck. Every body is leaning twards programing. I am not sure what esle to do for programing. Mabe just getting bigger stix?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by mulisha
its a known FACT that 4.2 runs better then tnt on the 03 and early 04 trucks.but evry truck is different.
Until I see back to back dyno #s, from the same truck.... it's not a "known FACT".

Sorry for hijacking the thread, this has nothing to do with the original question.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:54 AM

a hand full of my friends have those year truck, and have dynoed them, and have exp with all of smarty tunes.actually you are the 1st person to say that tnt runs better then 4.2 in your year.there are hundreds of threads you can look up, almost all of them say the same thing. so i guess your the exception.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by mulisha
a hand full of my friends have those year truck, and have dynoed them, and have exp with all of smarty tunes.actually you are the 1st person to say that tnt runs better then 4.2 in your year.there are hundreds of threads you can look up, almost all of them say the same thing. so i guess your the exception.
I don't mind being the exception!

I know how my truck responds, and you do not!

Jess
Old 03-03-2009, 12:33 PM

so basically what i said earlier again, every truck is different thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by justin allan
I would love to get the TNT-R, I wonder if it would give it any more power than the beta 4.2?
Originally Posted by justin allan
I am going back to the dyno to mess around with programing and see if I can get some higher numbers. I never even tryed even #'s on my truck I might have to do that. I would not mind trying the TNT on the dyno and see if my truck likes it or not. I have talked to alot of people about how that I think and they as well that the power seems alittle low on my truck. Every body is leaning twards programing. I am not sure what esle to do for programing. Mabe just getting bigger stix?
I see you have an II CP3, do you still have your rail relief valve? Or did you go dual feed? Your power could be down if the relief valve is not tight.

I basically did the same as you(not trying the even sw's on TNT). I had gone from 411 to the betas, both 4.3 and 4.2. I could see no advantage of 4.3 over 411, plus no shift indicator and higher egt's. 4.2 was definitely stronger than 411, but as an everyday driver and towing it was too smoky, so back to 411.

Then TNT, Truck ran superb at first, then started popping/bucking. I tried all kinds of combinations with the exception of the even sw#s, because I thought with changing the timing on the odd sw#s, I could simulate the even sw#s. Apparently not so.

I tried the betas again, 4.2 is a good "all out" performance software, not disputing that, but still too smokey and hot for towing.

(At the suggestion of one who knows) I am running the TNT software on sw6, tqm3, tm2, rp1(EZ3). This programming is by far the strongest and best behaving tune I have had on my truck to date. My last trip to Helena from Spokane I just missed 19mpg hand calculated, that is also the best for me to date.

I am maintaining a solid 25k rp @ wot, I am going to try sw#8 next, I know I will be asking alot from a stock CP3, but we will see...

JA, give the even sw#'s a shot.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:45 PM

I still have my relief valve. With the beta 4.2 on sw9 can hold 25,500 psi at the rail no matter were mp8 dial is at. Line presure drops from 25psi to 10psi. It is smoky and can't get egt's over 1250 well I can when halling a heavy trailer. I do have the TNT software I tried last fall and it was like you said good for a while then popping started. when it gets warmer here I will try it again on the even sw#'s and see if there is a diff.