3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

quick tnt/r question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick tnt/r question

i just got tnt/r the other day and i was wondering if tnt/r and tnt have the same timing settings?

thanks
jason
Old 02-28-2009, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes.................
Old 02-28-2009, 10:52 AM

10-4 thank you sir
Old 02-28-2009, 01:06 PM

What kind of power do you think you have now, smoke19D ?? And what settings are you playing with on the tnt/r?? I'm going to hunt down a usb cord so I can load my R into my pod then load it in my truck, right now I'm running a pmt w/cl and running high egt's (700-800 @ 50-60mph). It's higher now than when I was stock with cl......... I was advised not to play with the wastegate on the twins....
Old 02-28-2009, 07:06 PM

Just got mine the other day as well!!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by mpracehemi
What kind of power do you think you have now, smoke19D ?? And what settings are you playing with on the tnt/r?? I'm going to hunt down a usb cord so I can load my R into my pod then load it in my truck, right now I'm running a pmt w/cl and running high egt's (700-800 @ 50-60mph). It's higher now than when I was stock with cl......... I was advised not to play with the wastegate on the twins....
i've only driven it 3 times since loading the R and i set it almost straight to kill (sw9-tim2-tq4-rp-2,stock revs and PoD 99). being that i have a manual, i don't think the shift limiter has any effect so i've left that stock as well. it seems to pull hard through the entire rpm range and the SOTP seems a good bit stronger

as far a egt's, it's hard to get a consistant # because there's not a straight or flat road anywere around here!!

i would be extreemely happy to be at the 600hp level, however i think the turbo may be holding me back
Originally Posted by Bswope
Just got mine the other day as well!!
rock on buddy!! i definitely think it's been worth the wait!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:31 AM

How does a person open and save the attach. tnt/r from Bob?? I've read something about unzip but what/where the heck do you do?? As anyone can tell, yes I'm not a computer whiz....any help will be appre. THANKS
Old 03-01-2009, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by mpracehemi
How does a person open and save the attach. tnt/r from Bob?? I've read something about unzip but what/where the heck do you do?? As anyone can tell, yes I'm not a computer whiz....any help will be appre. THANKS
try this link https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...marty+download i followed the instructions to a "T" and it worked perfect. thank god for that thread because i'm no computer genius either
Old 03-01-2009, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by smoke19D
try this link https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...marty+download i followed the instructions to a "T" and it worked perfect. thank god for that thread because i'm no computer genius either
Thats what I did, its pretty easy once you do it a couple times!
Old 03-01-2009, 07:10 AM

i've only driven it 3 times since loading the R and i set it almost straight to kill (sw9-tim2-tq4-rp-2,stock revs and PoD 99). being that i have a manual, i don't think the shift limiter has any effect so i've left that stock as well. it seems to pull hard through the entire rpm range and the SOTP seems a good bit stronger

as far a egt's, it's hard to get a consistant # because there's not a straight or flat road anywere around here!!

i would be extreemely happy to be at the 600hp level, however i think the turbo may be holding me back
rock on buddy!! i definitely think it's been worth the wait!!!

Jason.... might be time to upgrade to a 64 wheel?????
Old 03-01-2009, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bswope
Jason.... might be time to upgrade to a 64 wheel?????
that's what i was thinking the other day so i called HTT and asked them about it. for $400 it's a pretty cheap upgrade. they also said that with the upgrade would come another 1yr warranty!!! i may have to take advantage of that when i get the $$$$ i'm pretty sure that size of turbo would put me past my goal of 600hp too
Old 03-01-2009, 08:51 AM

that's what i was thinking the other day so i called HTT and asked them about it. for $400 it's a pretty cheap upgrade. they also said that with the upgrade would come another 1yr warranty!!! i may have to take advantage of that when i get the $$$$ i'm pretty sure that size of turbo would put me past my goal of 600hp too
Man thats not bad at all, plus the 1yr warranty..... Id do it for sure and with the mods you have now id say it would put you a little over 600!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:07 PM

I would love to get the TNT-R, I wonder if it would give it any more power than the beta 4.2?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:48 PM

not for your year truck, you got it 4.2
Old 03-02-2009, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by justin allan
I would love to get the TNT-R, I wonder if it would give it any more power than the beta 4.2?
I have both the TNT and the 4.2, the TNT is stronger! I have not dynoed them, but the TNT ON #6 will break my rear tires loose @ 65mph on the interstate, 4.2 will not.

Originally Posted by mulisha
not for your year truck, you got it 4.2
I respectfully disagree, My truck does not respond well to the odd #'s of TNT, but #6 TNT is stonger than any of my 4.2 tunes, and it does it with less smoke, and cooler egt's.

I know the original ? was TNT-R, but as I understand the TNT-R's difference is fueling to 4k?

Quick Reply: quick tnt/r question