3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Questions for experienced TST owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions for experienced TST owners

I run my TST on 4/4 most of the time. I find that when I am running empty. Want to pass someone quickly. Stand on it the tranny shifts down. The RPM get up over 2800ish. The truck is not accelerating fast enough so I let off the throttle and the tranny shift back up and the truck begins to haul butt again. I do not have a better fuel pump and it is suggested to not run over 4/4 because it will run out of fuel. But I found if I run on 6/2 the truck does not lay down at high RPM. I think I need to change the programming because obviously it is telling the throttle pressure motor on the tranny to shift down when I don't need it to or my setup stinks at high RPM. What to do what to do. Seems to me I could do a lot more if I had the ability to control when the converter locks up shifting and such. I also hate the top speed limiter. Will the new superchips fix these issues. I don't like hacking into wiring harnesses and such that is one reason I have never put a fass pump on the truck. Also seems like someone could make an in tank pump with some fuel line mods that would be better than stock. Right now I can take about 20 minutes remove most visible upgrades and get warranty work. The only snag the dealer always tells me something is wrong with truck because it is lazy taking off. If they only knew about the converter I running.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:17 PM

I was on the phone with BD and was asking about thier downloader and what parameters it could change. I found out what may be my problem. Guys tell me what you think. He says the high pitched whine I hear when this truck seems to loose power is the the injection pump starving for fuel from the lift pump. Should I be running into these problems with TST on 4/4? My 2005 stcok turbo must be better than TST predicted because I have had to do transmission upgrades, intercooler anbd now it sounds like I may need the rigged up looking fuel pump to boot.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:30 PM

Your out of fuel...at the lift pump.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:56 AM

You should definitely have a fuel pressure gauge. I can guarantee you're out of fuel. I could easily pull the pressure to 0 with the TST on 4x4.

Get a 150GPH FASS. You'll be happy with it then.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:29 PM

I got a PM saying that it was torque management and to buy a module to that would change tranny shifting.

Thank's for the info.