3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

questions about the OEM Navigation Headunit

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions about the OEM Navigation Headunit

I am about to step up to the plate on a in-dash dvd player.

So then I think about and wonder, why not get the OEM that also has NAVI for the similiar price???

So a few questions:

1. Can it PLAY DVD movies?? or do you need to retro fit it somehow?

2. Does it come with a pre-amp? Another words, I am also going to add new speakers, so does the headunit have an amp?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:27 AM

That is what I run and I love it. To answer your questions:

1. No it does not and will not be able to play DVD movies. One other downside is that to use the NAV feature you must have the NAV DVD in the player, so if you want to listen to CD's you will need a 6-disc changer. I got a brand new 6-disc changer off ebay for $100 and the person has about 50 more if you need one.

2. No the headunit does not have an amp as far as I know. It sends siganls to the infinity amp through the harness. I bought one of these to give me proper pre-outs to use with my aftermarket amps and it works great. Everything is plug and play
Old 07-09-2006, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff K
That is what I run and I love it. To answer your questions:

1. No it does not and will not be able to play DVD movies. One other downside is that to use the NAV feature you must have the NAV DVD in the player, so if you want to listen to CD's you will need a 6-disc changer. I got a brand new 6-disc changer off ebay for $100 and the person has about 50 more if you need one.

2. No the headunit does not have an amp as far as I know. It sends siganls to the infinity amp through the harness. I bought one of these to give me proper pre-outs to use with my aftermarket amps and it works great. Everything is plug and play
ok, I guess I will just sitck with the Flip-out DVD player. I defintly want it to play DVD's and it must have a pre-amp. Thanks for the info
Old 07-09-2006, 02:10 PM

Nav system

I have had two different nav systems now and like the Kenwood Excelon the best. It will do it all. The flip screen is also great for a dash with the small opening. I bought the large opening dash for the nav unit and installed the Kenwood in it. You can see it in my photo album. Just make sure you can switch back and fourth from a movie to the nav without removing the movie.