3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Question about TST and ROKKTECH crank sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about TST and ROKKTECH crank sensor

I finaly got my TST.All i have to say is wow' that thing rocks. the highest i have turned it up to is 4-4.I do not have any gauges yet and a stock 48re tranny. so i am scared to blow it up. Ok back to my question.if i turn the tst up past 1-1 and go make a hard pass. when i am letting off the throttle and the engine is winding down. I get alot what sounds like really bad fuel nock or like a gas engine with to much timeing and bad gas.ok i hope i said that so everybody understands what i am trying to describe.so everybody that is useing a tst is that normal or did you have to take your rokktech crank sensor off.I am going to put my stock crank sensor back on and see how it does.
allso i think something might be wrong with the tst.because when me and the wife left for the movies tonight.with the tst on 1-0 my truck felt like i was pulling a real heavy load but i was not.the tranny was shifting gears ok and had all of them.so i do not know what that is all about. has anybody have that happen to them.when i frist put the tst on my truck everything felt fine except the new found power i have. allso it seems now that the tranny has firmer shifts etc than it did before the tst.does the tst firm up the shift points or am i crazy.
I called tst friday and they are going to reflash my tst and turn it into the one. that has the egt defuel mode and the turbo cool down timer.allso i will be getting the digital gauges.well just wanted to say thanks for any help or info you guys can give me.Thanks Mopar72
Old 05-21-2006, 05:20 AM

I had done the Tone ring mod and I had to turn it back to stock due to the excess timing causing the rattle. I'm looking at the adjustable timing option for my TST because that TRM really helped my truck out a lot on the bottom end and it stinks that I had to go back to stock....
I can't help on your other problem though. Did you check for codes? Sounds almost like you are in Limp mode.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The TST box is pretty aggressive with the timing so I would keep the crankshaft sensor stock.

MikeyB
Old 05-21-2006, 10:48 AM

Thumbs up

hey thanks for the help guys. the check engine light is not on. but i will check for codes.i am getting ready to reinstall the stock crank sensor. i will let you guys know how it works.so if my tranny is in limp mode what would cause that.allso for got to say when i was installing the tst. i had to remove the negative wire, that bolts down on the block by the oil pan rail.so i could get to the cam sensor plug.when i went to remove it, i found the ground wire was allmost loose i mean i cold allmost turn it with my fingers. do you think that had anything to do with it.but again thinks for the help. Mopar72
Old 05-21-2006, 11:06 AM

Did you make sure you tightened it up really good? If that was really loose it would probably affect more than just the trans...
Old 05-21-2006, 06:36 PM

Thumbs up

Dodgezilla oh yea the ground wire is tight.i need to go and check the other ground wire now. well i put my stock crank sensor back on and i am still getting alot of timeing noise. so i am going to call tst tomarrow. allso i am going to send in my box and have it converted to there R49 set up. the one with EGT pertection and turbo boost control and turbo cool down timer.allso has anybody have this happen to there truck after a tst install.some of my radio stations now have a lot of static in them. they did not have it before.allso when i turn the key off the tst stays on for about 5-8 seconds and the radio allso.my tst only has one orange wire.so i installed it on fuse 36 like the instructions says to. i thought tst said to install it on fuse 29 but now i think they said fuse 28. allso i have about there twins program.can i use it with my truck or is it for twin turbos only.Does any body have it on there truck with single turbo and if you do how do you like it.thanks for all the help guys.Mopar72