3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Question About Guages & Pods

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Question About Guages & Pods

I have been wanting to install gauges in my truck and I need a little help. I need to know who makes a gauge that matches the stock ones in my '06? I was looking at the Isspro or the Pricol Optix gauges. Opinions on these would be great. EGT, Boost, and Fuel Pressure.

I am also wondering about mounting options. I am wanting to keep the grab handle, so I am limited. I was thinking of the SRT-10 A-Pillar and maybe the dual pod steering column mount. Or maybe a triple dash pod. Which would be best or just let me know if there are maybe some other options.

I was also thinking about using the fuel filter cap with pressure port from Geno's for the fuel pressure sensor. Is this ok or should I just use a banjo fitting? Is anyone using one?

One more question. Where is the best place to get the power for the gauges with the switch on?

Sorry for all the questions and long post. I don't know, so that's why I'm asking. I want to do this right, since this is my first one. Thanks, ERIC.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:43 AM

You can check pics of my gauges in my gallery. I have the 3 gauge A pillar from dieselmanor.com. I did need to loose my grab handle for this....

Another option is to use the cubby hole under the radio (not sue if that applies to an 06). I got power for my gauges from the cigarette lighter plug backside of plug of course). lights I am told are different on the 06's so I won't comment.

I like my Isspro's. I used a banjo bolt at the CP3 feed for my fuel pressure gauge and also am using the isolator. Many will tell you use and not use the isolator. I didn't like the idea that in the event of a leak it would leak in my cab if the isolator wasn't used, with the isolator f it leaked any diesel would be in the engine compartment and if the tube into the cab leak it would only be a small amount of anti-freeze.

I would recommend using the banjo bolt instead of the lid from Geno's for one reason. If you use the banjo you can monitor your fuel filter condition because if pressure starts dropping off it may be a signal your filter is plugging up. Use the filter lid and it is before the filter so you would have no idea of the actual pressure at CP3 or after your fuel filter.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:56 AM

Thanks for the good information! The wiring is mostly what I'm not sure about. Maybe someone will chime in with an '06.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:59 AM

Im not using an isolator, and im lucky enough to have diesel all over my floorboard But i dont have carpet
Old 09-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Banned

do you have power pedal? i dont, so there is a plug for them below the headlight **** and i tapped that for power, for the dimming, i just test the wires on the headlight **** bundle until i found the one for the dimmer. i was worried about the electronic part too, but its easy. im running the isspro and havent had any problems in almost 30k miles...i thought i have seen a dual a pillar with grab handle somewhere...

p.m. member xlr8r or cbrams (i think thats his)

xlr8r is an genius that has some awesome gauge mounting products that wouldnt take the handle away at all...his website is www.lazarsmith.com

brett
Old 09-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
do you have power pedal? i dont, so there is a plug for them below the headlight **** and i tapped that for power, for the dimming, i just test the wires on the headlight **** bundle until i found the one for the dimmer. i was worried about the electronic part too, but its easy. im running the isspro and havent had any problems in almost 30k miles...i thought i have seen a dual a pillar with grab handle somewhere...

p.m. member xlr8r or cbrams (i think thats his)

xlr8r is an genius that has some awesome gauge mounting products that wouldnt take the handle away at all...his website is www.lazarsmith.com

brett

Yep what he said....^^^^^^^ Xlr8r.....makes some cool plates!!!

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=169328
Old 09-23-2007, 01:10 PM

Thanks guys! What is the power pedal? Im positive I don't have it, but just curious.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Performance
Thanks guys! What is the power pedal? Im positive I don't have it, but just curious.
On the fully loaded trucks there is a button the moves the pedals forward and backwards or in and out.... They are "adjustable"
Old 09-23-2007, 02:18 PM

Ok. I thought that was what that space was for, but I don't have it.

Should I use a banjo fitting or try the fuel filter cap from Geno's for the fuel pressure sensor?

Does anybody know which gauges match the stock ones the best? Isspro or Pricol Optix?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned

my isspro are pretty close to stock..i have never looked at the dipricols up close at night

brett
Old 09-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Performance
Ok. I thought that was what that space was for, but I don't have it.

Should I use a banjo fitting or try the fuel filter cap from Geno's for the fuel pressure sensor?

Does anybody know which gauges match the stock ones the best? Isspro or Pricol Optix?

I have the filter cap from geno's works great.. I love my autometer's None are perfect but to each is his own!!
Old 09-24-2007, 09:25 AM

I think DiPricols are them closest to the factory gauges, mine are on the A-Pillar, pics in my gallery.
Got them from Diesel Manor.