3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quardzilla fuel pressure senders

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerrywoodie
talked to josh yesterday at quad and for a 10.00 fee he is sending me a heavy duty fuel sender. lets hope this works
I bouight that one about 6 months ago.
It lasted only a few weeks
Old 07-16-2008, 04:56 PM

I talked to Ross, in tech yesterday, and he said they got ? about 50 units and tested them and had problems, so a FP sender would not be available till August. Thinking about going to Napa and trying one, they don't make them at Quad Power anyway so does anyone have one they have had good luck with? - - - - and part #? I have not followed whole thread. Just tired of fooling with this issue, on my 2nd one.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:45 AM

I talked to Ross last week and got the same line of bull. I think they are hopping everyone will just go away. Last fall I paid for another one year warranty on it, should be up soon, do you think they will be sending out notices to renew warranty's?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:39 AM

What I don't understand is why they don't offer the same thing that Isspro, DiPricol or Westach uses. I've never heard any complaints about those electric fuel pressure gauges... How do their gauges work, and the Commander doesn't?

Or, if it really *is* the CP3 killing the senders, why not at least offer a DiPricol isolator for sale as an option at their cost? Sure, it may cost the end user another $50, but if it solves the problem it's worth it in my opinion. Perhaps 3' of rubber fuel line and a rubber membrane is enough to quell the vibration? I wouldn't care if I had to mount an isolator on the firewall like I did on my '03...
Old 07-17-2008, 01:55 PM

My fp sending unit is inline off the rubber "big line kit" hose from glacier and it is erratic too.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Homer S.
My fp sending unit is inline off the rubber "big line kit" hose from glacier and it is erratic too.

Well, if your saying it's not from the vibrations then what is it? (That was the line they gave me on the first two.) The last one I received was "HEAVY DUTY" and I paid a extra $10 for it. Right now I'd pay a extra $50 if it would work, but I would be a little gun-shy now to pay them extra, not a very good track record.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:02 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well....finally installed the manual guage in the filter head of my 2 mic filter. Relieved to see 20 psi ! Disgusted that the Autometer sender is only reading 9......double checked the setting on the commander.....still 9. Tried it in the 40 psi setting......4 ......back to the 100 psi setting for another 9 reading and, I guess, back to the search for a decent sender too!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:22 AM

Does anyone have a link where I could send for a fuel pressure sender?
Old 07-23-2008, 08:50 AM

In all this thread i keep reading about sending units failing. Back in the day when i installed electric gauges, i had issues out the yen-yang until i started using snubbers to absorb the shock from the VP-44 and CP3's. I have not seen any one mention this so i thought i would pass on the info. Here is the link to Auto Meter's version....#3279 It says 1/8" NPT to -4 AN Male....but i believe its actually 1/8" MPT to 1/8" FPT...but dont quote me on that.......

I might make a suggestion to Quad that they look into this....its cheap insurance for the sending units.....

One note about hose extensions.....you need to bleed the air out of them once you finalize your install. If you dont you will have low pressure readings or your pressure will fall off under load. Even if you change a fuel filter, or open the fuel system up for anything. You need to rebleed.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
In all this thread i keep reading about sending units failing. Back in the day when i installed electric gauges, i had issues out the yen-yang until i started using snubbers to absorb the shock from the VP-44 and CP3's. I have not seen any one mention this so i thought i would pass on the info. Here is the link to Auto Meter's version....#3279 It says 1/8" NPT to -4 AN Male....but i believe its actually 1/8" MPT to 1/8" FPT...but dont quote me on that.......

I might make a suggestion to Quad that they look into this....its cheap insurance for the sending units.....

One note about hose extensions.....you need to bleed the air out of them once you finalize your install. If you dont you will have low pressure readings or your pressure will fall off under load. Even if you change a fuel filter, or open the fuel system up for anything. You need to rebleed.

thats a good idea, im gonna try one of those. thanks diesel dan.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:15 AM

Excellent, Diesel-Dan, Thank you, There still maybe hope for my fuel pressure gauge.

After looking at the link, it states up to 2002 and it doesn't show any type of picture of one. There may not be enough room to get one in, I can just fit my fuel pressure sender in now. Does anyone have a picture of a fuel pressure snubber or anymore information? I'll keep looking.

Thanks again Dan.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:47 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Finally put the isolator hose and a new sender on. Now that I have a permanent manual guage to verify thins with, wvwrything is calibrated 100% ! Lets just hope the dang thing lasts! 3227 Autometer isolator hose and 2242 sender. Had to adjust the Commander's fuel pressure display using the handy adjustment in the setup screen, and now the manual guage and the Quad Commander both read 22 - 23 psi . I'm a happy camper as long as the thing lasts!
Old 08-26-2008, 06:17 PM

For those that are running the rubber line to the sender, you must now be forced to run a ground wire, correct?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:03 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

My line was braided, so I didn't need the additional ground. Rub ber, yes, you probably would.