3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quardzilla fuel pressure senders

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have to believe its the vibration that is doing the killing. I am wondering if an isolator tube might help? Is everyone running them in the CP3 or are you using an inline fuel block with a port?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:56 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have had one go bad mounted at the CP3(quads).....one go bad mounted on my 2 mic filter head(also quads) ( which is mounted on the intake horn ) and now the Autometer unit is still on the 2 mic head is reading sketchy. Putting a manual guage on the 2mic head permanently so I can keep better track of it! Still want to get something to work right. My Autometer sender for oil pressure is also mounted directly on the engine and it has been spot on for almost 2 years now. I am hoping ( and then again not! ) that the sender is fine, and there is actually a fuel psi problem. Kinda doubt it though. My biggest question now is why the Autometer sender works soooo well for oil psi and last so long, but not for fuel........maybe it's fine....I'll know more Saturday.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Erik@LCD
i have to believe its the vibration that is doing the killing. I am wondering if an isolator tube might help? Is everyone running them in the CP3 or are you using an inline fuel block with a port?

I'm running mine in the CP3 and it's my 3rd one that broke due to the vibrations. It should be mounted on the wheel-well or fire wall, with a rubber line feeding it off the CP3.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:49 AM

I'm surprised nobody has tried using an isolator. The CP3 makes a "buzz" that is probably the source of the problem. I had the isolator mounted on the firewall in my '03, and you could hear the buzz vibrating the isolator, even with a 3' line from the CP3.

Perhaps is someone used a rubber hose to isolate the CP3 the buzz would be dampened and the sender would live longer?

I'm a bit disappointed, as I was going to buy a Commander until this fuel pressure thing happened. I even went so far as to have jumpers made so I don't have to tap into the coolant temp sensor wire and rail sensor wire.

For now, I'm just running a Westach until I can afford a full set of Isspro Performax gauges...
Old 07-10-2008, 10:35 AM

I have my fuel pressure sender on my Genos billet filter canister lid and it works fine. Been there since the first 100 p.s.i. Quad units came out.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:07 AM

i hate my quad gaiuge but you have to remember its a digital readout so yes a lil fluctuation is normal. but from 7-20 there is something wrong. My quad LP gauge reads a constant 7-9 psi idling. all the time. i have a stock LP in my tank from factory. I think my gauge is correct.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:54 AM

Still no word, funny Quad never jumps in on this one.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:53 AM
tcr

Originally Posted by AlCorr
Still no word, funny Quad never jumps in on this one.
Yeah, that seems to be the trend lately when there's a big problem. I don't get it.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:50 AM

Well, I guess he doesn't want to come on here and get bashed about having a defective, incomplete product. He's tried to remedy the situation, but for whatever reason the suppliers he deals with are not producing the product he wants at the price he wants to pay.

Surely there's a transducer that's going to work. The cost is probably what's holding him back from using it.

I don't blame him. Browbeating isn't fun, especially when there's no "light" at the end of the tunnel so to speak...

I'm a bit bummed, as I'm now using a Westach setup instead of the Commander. I wanted a Commander with FP kit, but since there's no low-pressure fuel reading, I really have no use for it. I may as well have separate gauges. I went so far as to have custom harnesses made up so I wouldn't have to wire tap anything when installing the Commander. Oh well... Hopefully he gets it figured out soon. Maybe after the Adrenaline stuff is worked out.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:27 AM

Has anyone tried the dipricol sender for their electronic guage? I am assuming it will work with the commander. Maybe running a hose to the sender off of the cp3 would be better than mounting it directly on it like mentioned earlier. Anybody done this?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:35 AM

fp sender

talked to josh yesterday at quad and for a 10.00 fee he is sending me a heavy duty fuel sender. lets hope this works
Old 07-16-2008, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by jerrywoodie
talked to josh yesterday at quad and for a 10.00 fee he is sending me a heavy duty fuel sender. lets hope this works
why is he charging you? it should be free if you already paid. i think their getting over on you, all the sending units are heavy duty.

i talked to someone at quad last week and he told me the sending units they had now were junk and they werent sending anymore out till they found one worth using.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:48 AM
tcr

10.00 is probably just for shipping, that's not a bad deal.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by tcr
10.00 is probably just for shipping, that's not a bad deal.
they shipped my second one for free. its only a couple bucks to ship that small box. the point is i paid 90 bucks for a working sending unit, why pay again.JMO
Old 07-16-2008, 08:32 AM
tcr

Originally Posted by dieselfan
they shipped my second one for free. its only a couple bucks to ship that small box. the point is i paid 90 bucks for a working sending unit, why pay again.JMO
Your right, I guess I'm just tired of all the reasons I have to slam Quadzilla, their CS, and their products.

Quick Reply: Quardzilla fuel pressure senders