3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quardzilla fuel pressure senders

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will, One more month gone by and still no news. Anyone got the word yet?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:42 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I talked to them on Friday, last week. Justin said you could order the new replacement senders off the website. IIRC, they were like 49$......I opted to try a Autometer oil pressure sending unit. I've had the Autometer Phantom oil pressure guage on my truck for just as long as the Commander, and nary 1 issue with it! $35 bucks from my local NAPA store for the sender, and I know they will get me another if I have an issue. I kinda thought quad was gonna warranty the ones that have had so many issues. I'm on my third one. Granted, they have been very good about replacing them until now.I still think they have customer service better than most, but I feel let down on this one issue. Hopefully the new senders work for everyone, but I am gonna outsource this one for myself and see...........
Old 07-01-2008, 07:48 AM
tcr

Originally Posted by vzdude
I talked to them on Friday, last week. Justin said you could order the new replacement senders off the website. IIRC, they were like 49$......I opted to try a Autometer oil pressure sending unit. I've had the Autometer Phantom oil pressure guage on my truck for just as long as the Commander, and nary 1 issue with it! $35 bucks from my local NAPA store for the sender, and I know they will get me another if I have an issue. I kinda thought quad was gonna warranty the ones that have had so many issues. I'm on my third one. Granted, they have been very good about replacing them until now.I still think they have customer service better than most, but I feel let down on this one issue. Hopefully the new senders work for everyone, but I am gonna outsource this one for myself and see...........
Do you by any chance have a part # for the Autometer? TIA
Old 07-01-2008, 06:39 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

I will on Thursday when it comes in. I'll get it to ya then! FYI......you'll have to change the commander setting to a 0-100 psi sender, but other than that it should work fine. Fingers crossed for a longer life!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:10 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Autometer part # 2242 . Works good so far! Will keep ya updated as time goes by!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hm, will this work with the RPG also?? I have to call on monday
Old 07-03-2008, 10:25 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Should.....can you configure the RPG to use a 0-100 sender instead of a 0-40 sender?
Old 07-04-2008, 01:41 PM

what are the symptoms of a failing sender? does it just quit all together or start getting sparatic? I just installed my walbro pump and it stays around 20 psi but I noticed one day at idle it was all over the place. I wonder if it is the sender or the pump that is acting funny. I am going to get a fuel pressure guage and install it on the aluminum manifold that came with my glacier kit to verify, just thought I would see what went wrong with yalls.

TIA

Eli
Old 07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Mine was just jumping all over, like you said. However.......after about 600 miles this weekend, I am beginning to wonder about the Autometer sender too. Gonna have to hook up the manual guage to see for sure. Pressure has dropped from 17 psi when I first hooked it up to about 9-10 now. All the filters were changed before the sender was installed, too. Well.....come to think of it, I haven't changed the pre filter though......might try that after I check with a manual guage. We'll see.........
Old 07-07-2008, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by elirandolph
what are the symptoms of a failing sender? does it just quit all together or start getting sparatic? I just installed my walbro pump and it stays around 20 psi but I noticed one day at idle it was all over the place. I wonder if it is the sender or the pump that is acting funny. I am going to get a fuel pressure guage and install it on the aluminum manifold that came with my glacier kit to verify, just thought I would see what went wrong with yalls.

TIA

Eli
sparatic, i actually changed a good lp out cause of a bad sending unit
Old 07-08-2008, 08:47 AM

I ran the origional for a year with no problems, then put my Fass 150/150 on and used the aluminum fittings to plumb in the sender. I mounted it straight up and it would never move off of 1psi, and within a week the vibration had cracked the aulminum fitting and there was fuel all over my truck going down the road. I replaced the aluminum fittings with steel and mounted the sender at a slight angle( I think I had an air bubble that was trapped in the sender causing the false readings) and it has been perfect since. It does not change at all at idle and does not jump at all, it is a smoothe change throughout and idles at 15psi. I also believe that the aluminum fittings cause a ground issue being that the sender is not case grounded through the cp-3. But maybe I just have one of the good ones.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:53 PM
D45

I just called Quad and Ross said the "new" FP kits were junk and have to start at square one again.

They are not different but just like the sending units they had before

So I guess its the waiting game, again.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

I am still unsure of the Autometer sender being a "fix"....... going to put a manual guage on my 2mic filter head to keep double checking it. Ordered the guage head today.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by D45
I just called Quad and Ross said the "new" FP kits were junk and have to start at square one again.

They are not different but just like the sending units they had before

So I guess its the waiting game, again.
Odd.. That is what I was told. In april. They were supposed to have an updated version, they had received them, and then determined nothing had changed and they wouldn't send me one because the quality wasn't there.

I'm not sure why they keep getting disrespected by the vendors they use and getting shipped junk senders, but I think they should go after the people doing it to them. Its making them look bad even if they are not at fault.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:39 AM

As mush as I love the rest of my Quad products, I gave up on the Fuel pressue sender.
I went through 4 or 5, the last time paying the extra 10$ + shipping to get the HD unit that died after 1 month

Quick Reply: Quardzilla fuel pressure senders