3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quadzilla XZT or Edge EZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a Quad box on my 03,First box I had would surge once and a while when I was driving,sent it back,They said switch was bad,ok tried it again.then it started to cut out or make truck sputter.said my connections were bad.put dilectric grease on them ,made it better but still had problem.said I had an old harness sent it back,ok then I hooked my cb up and keyed the mike.Truck would die.Quad Told me to buy these rf filter things from radio shack and put them on there wires,tried that.now truck would not die when mike keyed but was close,ok went to radio shack and spent 20 bucks more on rf filters.Then truck would hesetate when mike keyed now. That was it pulled it out and is still sitting on my work bench.
So for my 06 that I am still waiting for I bought an EDGE EZ.There box worked great on my 98.5 should have stayed with them.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I cant speak for the EZ.

However, I mangaged to come across an XZT at the Claremont event this past weekend!! The web site claims 65hp and 165 ft/lbs extra. I didnt have a chance to get on the dyno with it on tho But I can tell you on the ride home - it was alot peppier. It doesnt die out at 2900 like it used to, it stays strong all the way thru the shifts! From the 200 miles I have logged on it, it seems to be performing well for what it is intended.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had the XZT box for quite awhile now without a problem.

Any questions, or concerns I've had have been dealt with the utmost of speed and professionalism by Quad directly thru pm's or emails. I find it hard to believe Quad's people aren't helping you out. Matter of fact, I don't believe it....
Old 06-05-2006, 07:23 AM

I ran the Quad race box on my 04.5 for about a year with only one problem. Truck sometimes would have RPM surges at stop lights or idling and then would shut off. Couldn't get it restarted for a few minutes but it finally would start. Put some dielectric grease on all the connections and didn't have a problem after that. Didn't see any MPG increases but did see decreases on level 3.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:44 PM

YES! Quadzilla XZT was sent back to the selling dealer and he sent it to Quadzilla and was told there was a problem with the XZT and there was an upgraded one coming out and I could try it at a 25% discount but would not do anything about the bad one I have. (4 months old)
SO BEWARE IF IT HAS QUADZILLA ON IT FOR A DODGE!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:21 AM

Schu, don't expect to feel some huge gain from running better injectors if you decide not to run a fueling box anymore. With my boxes off I can't even tell that I have had mine done. It's when you put the fuel to it that they really shine..
I can't believe that a Quad XZT box would cause injector failures. There's not nearly enough pressure for that. I'd say you just had a faulty injector, NOSTROKER, and the little bit of pressure just helped it along to it's death.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:26 AM

Quad and his people are some of the best out there.
I sent in my XZT for timing removal so it can place nice with my Diablo.
They re-tuned it, had it sent out the same day. AT NO CHARGE. They didn't even want me to pay for shipping. That is amazing.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:13 AM

I got a used Race box from a memember here, and I could not be more happy with it.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by NOSTROKER
YES! Quadzilla XZT was sent back to the selling dealer and he sent it to Quadzilla and was told there was a problem with the XZT and there was an upgraded one coming out and I could try it at a 25% discount but would not do anything about the bad one I have. (4 months old)
SO BEWARE IF IT HAS QUADZILLA ON IT FOR A DODGE!

The problem with this story is that we have nothing to do with your dealer?

Your product has a WARRANTY and if there is a problem it will get fixed or replaced with a BRAND NEW one.

You need to call our tech support or come by our offices as you are only about 20 minutes away.

I do not think you are fair in making statements like you did because you did not even try to deal with us?
Old 06-07-2006, 06:37 PM

I don't believe there's a mfr out there that has done better to please it's customers than Quadzilla. He's here all the time answering questions. It's been that way since his boxes first came out.
I have had good tech service from Edge Products too. The Quad race was much better than the EZ though......
Old 06-07-2006, 06:49 PM

I had a problem with the first standard box. Quad read about on one of these links and PM. It was a Thursday night and I was bumed out that I would have to wait until the following week to recieve another since my local dealer was out of them. Quad overnighted me one which works perfectly. Excellent service just my 2 cents.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by trik396
Quad and his people are some of the best out there.
I sent in my XZT for timing removal so it can place nice with my Diablo.
They re-tuned it, had it sent out the same day. AT NO CHARGE. They didn't even want me to pay for shipping. That is amazing.

i hope i am not hi-jacking the thread but your stacking you xzt ??? and it is acting as pressure only now ?? i was wanting to stack mine with my juice with attitude .. i wonder if they would play nice together ?? my xzt box has been gathering dust since December when i put on my J/A .. thanks for any info
Gary
Old 06-14-2006, 07:26 PM

Call Quads shop. I got them to remove the timing only, so now its boost fooling and pressure only.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:16 PM

I am thinking about getting a box too and after reading many posts stating the great customer service from Quad. I think it is a no brainer. Quad all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Banned

when 500 of us make continual statements that quad's products and customer support is excellent, and 2 people start bashing that the module ruined their injectors, fuel pump, etc it is hard to take those 2 seriously. To state that quad's staff would not return calls is almost unbelievable. I have had roarke(tech engineer) from quad call a few times to check to see if I am still having my intermittent problem. I only spent a few hundred bucks with them and all of the support and help I could ever expect. I spend $30,000+ on my CTD and dodge has never once called, mailed, etc. There isnt a quad squad for nothing.

Quick Reply: Quadzilla XZT or Edge EZ