3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quadzilla XZT or Edge EZ

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quadzilla XZT or Edge EZ

Can't figure out witch one I need.
I want
-power
-MPG
-reliable
-Stacking (down the road)

I see people stacking the Edge EZ all the time, but none with with the Quad.
is the quad stackable?
I only have about 350$ to spend that is why is am looking at these more basic boxes.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Banned

welndmn,

Shameless ad removed

Mark @ DPPI
Old 05-30-2006, 02:12 PM

As far as I understand the edge just ups the rail pressure accross the board, where the quad box is a bit smarter about when to up the rail pressure and change the inj timing. Quad states that his box never goes over the rail pressure limits, it just puts in more fuel in the lower rpms.

IMO the quad box is a FAR better box than the edge pressure box, but with any pressure box you are opening yourself up to possible injection failure.

I have a quad box right now and while I'm very happy with it, I have decided to sell it and look into getting a set of injectors. I figure the injectors will give me the 60hp I really want while being even more reliable than the quad box.

schu
Old 05-30-2006, 11:33 PM

I've been trying to decide for a while now.. I bit the bullet and ordered an XZT box with the Commander too (though I'll have to wait a bit for the Commander)

From the reading I've done, it seems the XZT is a bit more advanced than the EZ. THough the EZ seems to be more popular for 'stacking'. But I'm not planning on stacking, just wanted a little more power to get the trailer over the hills.

I've talked to Quad and talked to Larry here at DTR to place the order. Getting spport is the last thing I'm worried about at this point as they have been responsive and easy to talk too.

Now I just gotta wait for it..... the waiting is the hardest part
Old 05-31-2006, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by welndmn
I want
-power
-MPG
-reliable
-Stacking (down the road)
excellent smooth power.........but dont get it for mileage. at least mine didnt pick up anything. and i purposfully drive like for mileage to see if i got any increase. 19mpg before the box, 19mpg after. not busting on the XZT, works great and i like it, just dont buy it thinking it will pay for itself like I did.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got the racer and when I went to test it, I was extremely satisfied with the results. As far as milage, I didn't see any gains, the plus side is that it didn't take away from my stock mpg's. I have had it now for about 18 months and no codes.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:46 AM

It will stack with the Van Aaken C3.2 box. Very nice power but you need to watch the EGTs. Mine did fine with the stock turbo but once I got the HTB2 the temps shot up to 1500 degrees. The power was awesome though......
Old 05-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Banned

welndmn,
Shameless ad removed
Mark @ DPPI
Old 05-31-2006, 12:00 PM

I have the standard box. Very nice unit. The egts seem much better now. With a 12K fifth wheel I can pass with ease, now and still got almost 13mpg.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:44 PM

Now thats funny.. two shameless plugs in the same thread... I too am looking at boxes, and Im leaning more toward the quad box, only because I like what Ive heard about thier customer service.
Scott
Old 05-31-2006, 03:48 PM

I've used both the EZ and the Quad boxes.

Quad's products are way better than the EZ. Good bottom end, but nowhere nearly as touchy throttle or as much injector rattle. I didn't have a rail gauge to test pressures at the time, but I would bet the Quad uses far less pressure. Even if you're planning to stack, get the Quad. They can pull the timing out if you must stack it later on...
Old 05-31-2006, 06:19 PM

Quad all the way!

I'm diggin' my Quad Xzillaraider Standard!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Banned

Edge has OUTSTANDING customer service too. I know from experience.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:09 PM

Just say NO to QUADZILLA XZT sent number 2 injector down the road! Dodge/Cummins warranty finally covered it. Quadzilla will not return calls, sent it back to selling dealer and was told the problem was the module and to send it back to Quadzilla here in Ft.Worth. GOOD LUCK ON THAT!
Old 06-05-2006, 12:37 AM

How are you sure that the injector failure was because of the quadzilla? I have read a lot about pressure boxes and injecter failure, and from what I can gather, the stock trucks have injector problems every bit as much as trucks running lite pressure boxes like the quadzilla.

Quick Reply: Quadzilla XZT or Edge EZ