3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

quadzilla ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:39 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
OK guys..Bustas response (removed) included 12 uses of profanity (that I bothered to count) and shows us all just how to go about getting yourself banned from the forum if you so desire.
Not only that but he stated in his post that it wasn't for the public forum! Can't get anymore stupid than that. Folks, keep it clean here or you're gone, period.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't get irritated at a vendor who actually cares about the performance of his product. Like I said, their customer service is outstanding.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:46 AM
j

Originally Posted by qzilla
2 things.

First, we had a heck of an ice storm come through here and we operated on a very reduced staff today. Not really your problem but, that is why you did not get called back I am sure.

Second, and most important. I responded to another thread you have and gave you some great info that will allow you to solve this issue I can almost guarantee.

I really do not think your box is the problem based on your other thread. Check it out and let me know what you find. You are not going to find a better tech support/ trouble shooter than me on these particular boxes. I promise!
I did read the other post, but started this seperate one when i narrowed down that it wasn't the exhaust brake causing the problem. i plugged the box back in and the problem returns. with the box unplugged the truck runs fine like it did before i started having problems.. when i plugged the box back in (3rd time) the wires were not run the same nor were they near anything else that could be avoided. problem returned only when the box was hooked up.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by j
I did read the other post, but started this seperate one when i narrowed down that it wasn't the exhaust brake causing the problem. i plugged the box back in and the problem returns. with the box unplugged the truck runs fine like it did before i started having problems.. when i plugged the box back in (3rd time) the wires were not run the same nor were they near anything else that could be avoided. problem returned only when the box was hooked up.
problem returned only when the box was hooked up.
And when you activate the exhaust brake. Right?

Basically if you hook the box up and don't run the exhaust brake, everything is fine.

That is what your original post said.

If that is true, then it seems like it is not the box? Like I said before, the box might be making the issue worse or pronounced but, without the exhaust brake, the box works correctly.

Unless you are seeing something you did not tell us about?
Old 01-30-2009, 01:12 PM
j

the rpm's are dropping lower than usual with the box connected, the exhaust brake causes them to drop faster making it unrecoverable, disconnect the box and everything is working normal, with the exhaust brake on... With the exhaust brake off and the box connected the rpm's drop to about 500 or so and recover slower than normal. disconnect the box and the rpms drop to about 600-650 and recover quickly to about 750 where it idle's.