3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quadzilla Rail Pressure Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quadzilla Rail Pressure Gauge

Ok, so I know that there have been some problems with the rail gauges, and I though I read that they had the problems fixed. So my question is are they working good now? Also I thought that they could be purchased from the DTR store but I did not see them there. Is this a good idea, or are there better options for rail pressure and fuel pressure? Thanks.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello,

No they are not fixed. Mine has been faulty for about 6 to 7 months. Quad keep saying a fix is coming but no luck so far. Been way way too long!

Damon
Old 01-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Big3500
Ok, so I know that there have been some problems with the rail gauges, and I though I read that they had the problems fixed. So my question is are they working good now? Also I thought that they could be purchased from the DTR store but I did not see them there. Is this a good idea, or are there better options for rail pressure and fuel pressure? Thanks.
They have been discontinued.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My Quad II standard came with it and absolutely no issues with it. Had it for over a year.

It's this one: http://store.dieseltruckresource.com/xz2ad10mo045.html

Does boost, RP, coolant temp, and power level and has downloadable tunes updates via USB.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 PM

Long story short, the originals had some issues, we fixed that but, now they are discontinued. They are discontinued not due to problems but, the lack of a way to use our new fuel pressure transducer along with it.

That has also now been remedied but, will come out as a new part #. We did this for a couple of reasons. 1.) the new part has a new small additional piece of hardware to install along with it 2.) to be able to keep track of which ones are ready to use the transducer and which ones will need an adapter.

The reason for the adapter is we wanted to provide a good fp solution to all the guys who have the older versions of the guage instead of leaving them high and dry!

No they are not fixed. Mine has been faulty for about 6 to 7 months. Quad keep saying a fix is coming but no luck so far. Been way way too long!
What is wrong with yours? Have you sent it in to be fixed or replaced?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:42 PM

Quad,

How do we order "the fix" for older units? I tried the HD Sender but it didnt fix the fp issue (reads all over the place, but mostly low (5psi with a 30psi spring on my ad150))....
Old 01-28-2009, 11:52 PM

You gotta wait until we release a part# first!!

We have a solution but, it has not been mass produced yet! It takes a little time to ramp up production.

I don't have a time frame but, in the next few weeks we will have information available.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Long story short, the originals had some issues, we fixed that but, now they are discontinued. They are discontinued not due to problems but, the lack of a way to use our new fuel pressure transducer along with it.

That has also now been remedied but, will come out as a new part #. We did this for a couple of reasons. 1.) the new part has a new small additional piece of hardware to install along with it 2.) to be able to keep track of which ones are ready to use the transducer and which ones will need an adapter.

The reason for the adapter is we wanted to provide a good fp solution to all the guys who have the older versions of the guage instead of leaving them high and dry!
So for those of us with the older gauge, we'll be able to purchase just the new transducer and adapter to have the fuel pressure function working?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
You gotta wait until we release a part# first!!

We have a solution but, it has not been mass produced yet! It takes a little time to ramp up production.

I don't have a time frame but, in the next few weeks we will have information available.
Of course, please keep us posted.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:31 PM

So for those of us with the older gauge, we'll be able to purchase just the new transducer and adapter to have the fuel pressure function working?
When you purchase the fp kit, it will include everything needed to work with the transducer. The one catch for the older RP gauges is that they have to be sent in so that we can make a hardware change on the board itself.

It will be just like the Commander and will require a simple 1 day turn around.