3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quadzilla Max milege module??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't looking for the specific details on the programming, I just wanted to know what basic function it did to accomplish better mpg's. Since it now seems like it's timing, thats all I wanted to know. I dont even care how many degree's it advances if that's his secret.
I'm done now..
Old 09-07-2007, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by coparam4x4
I'm with you treefarm...What kinda of responses do you think I would get if I came on here and said I have made a product that lets our trucks get 50mpg and I'm charging $250, but I will not tell you ANYTHING about it only that you get 50 MPG's!!!

And yes that was me wondering what this product does to my truck to give me better mpg's (Is that so wrong)

If I had a product like that I sure as hell would not tell anyone how I did it! Too many unethical people out there ready to steal a good idea and call it there own.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
If I had a product like that I sure as hell would not tell anyone how I did it! Too many unethical people out there ready to steal a good idea and call it there own.
That's what patents are for.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:18 PM

By the time you get that patent there's a half dozen other products just like it on the market. Being secretive is easier.....
Old 09-14-2007, 01:53 PM
HOV

As for the Rokktech being on par with a purpose-made timing box, I think that's a little far fetched IMO.

The rokktech sets the timing up to 2* advanced, fixed, and that's it. I would assume the Quad box either advances or retards timing commensurate with throttle position and/or load to maximize fuel efficiency.

Quad has stated that at WOT the truck will perform as stock, so there must be some kind of variability to it.

I think it's a smart idea and have ordered one. I removed my rokktech a few days ago to prepare for it.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:25 PM

well guys I went ahead and bought one so I will let yall know about it
Old 09-15-2007, 01:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MicroEconomics...

Originally Posted by HOV
I think it's a smart idea and have ordered one. I removed my rokktech a few days ago to prepare for it.
LOL, finally found a use for taking that class.

Quad has found a "niche" in the market that no one else has yet filled. Marketing and profit demands that his business fills that niche by itself for as long as possible before competitors rally their forces to try to start taking part of it from him. Letting the competitors know what his company did instead of making them figure it out for them selves would be downright foolish. Sure they will figure it out and may start to produce a competing product. Look around, this happens all the time with every product out there. But his company did it first. There are many also rans out there, and many that were on top but eventually were overtaken because they did not have the vision to find that new "niche" to fill.

From reading through hundreds of post throughout this forum and on other forums it looks like his company has made a solid foundation by providing quality products at a reasonable price, great customer service, and has a dedicated following from many members of this forum. Many of the elements needed to get customers to buy products without question. Quad products ARE on my personal list of things to purchase as I get approval.

He doesn't have to appeal to every customer, just enough to keep his company profitable.

Now if only he could produce a product that would program the wife to say YES to every upgrade, part, box, accessories, etc, I want...

Well, enough rambling, back to your regularly programmed discussion...