3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quadzilla Fuel Pressure Reading...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is slightly more to the situation.

Recon was purchased on separate dates and from separate vendors. Now this should not be a problem but, in this instance it was. The fuel pressure kit that was ordered was a 0-100psi (for Ford) kit. Not necessarily the customers fault but, I certainly did not ship it to him.

Once we figured this out we decided to send a new Recon and a new fuel pressure kit just to make sure. Most likely he just needed the correct fuel pressure sending unit but, it was quite obvious he needed this fixes ASAP, so we sent both to make sure it was 100% right without a doubt.

The yellow wire thing was MY fault for mentioning it on the boards. I was confused with the Commander. The problem I see is that there is a total of 6 wires with the Recon. One is Red for Power, Black for Ground. Then you have 2 of them going to the EGT probe. So, at this point there is only two wires we could possibly be dealing with. At this point I do not see how it could be that confusing with two wires to hook to. I am assuming boost had also been reading fine so it should have been know that wire was correct. Now we only have one wire. And yes I should have known the correct color but, he should also have know it was the ONLY other wire there was.

Not that is was that big of a deal but, that is the fastest way we can fix things. We did not pay shipping because this was not something that was broken out of the box or a QC problem or anything else. For all I know it could have been ordered wrong? It may not have been and I am not pointing fingers at the customer but, at some point the vendor and customer have to say that it was not Quadzilla's fault????

I think we treated him fairly and I am not sure what else he could have asked for. If I would have known he was trying to hook the 0-100psi sensor up I could have probably fixed it on the first post but, it was our techs that figured that out.

And yes, I know a lot about this because the customer never was happy to start with (which is understandable) and nothing we tried to do really made him happy so they came and got me. I told them what they could or couldn't do and that is why he got a brand new unit to make certain his gauges worked on the ride home. I did not feel like my staff or myself let us down at any point and that is why I chose to let him pay to ship it back to us. If we did not have a policy about stuff like that it would kill us in shipping. This would definitely not be the first time someone accidentally ordered the wrong part#. I don't like it and wished that I could change that but, I do not have control over everything and everyone!!! (Which is probably a good thing!!! )

Now, I have no hard feeling with the customer and it is understandable to be frustrated, we all get frustrated at times. I feel like my company has done everything it should to rectify the problem. I also think that he should understand our view point. At best he should contact the vendor that sold him the wrong part unless it was bought online and they had no input.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:50 PM

In my experience, Quadzilla's customer service is outstanding! Jeremy helped me out with a rail pressure code issue and followed up over the course of several days, and as it turns out, it was not even related to my Commander as I had originally thought. I'm sure Jeremy probably was getting tired of my questions, but he never let on! He seemed genuinely concerned and took care of me. Even when he knew the problem wasn't related to the Commander, he still helped me out. That's customer service!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:42 AM

I think you guys are great myself!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
In all fairness and honesty, I was not aggravated in the beginning of this thread and I believe my first posts in this thread prove I was every bit calm, cool and collected, but since there were a curious few bragging "HOW'S THAT FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE" way before the situation had even rectified itself seemed ridiculously odd and way premature. Honestly, by taking advantage of the available warranty and having "updated" products shipped to me at a different US address...is this considered the "pinnacle" in customer service when things go wrong? Give me a break...

Where I come from, when enough things go wrong with a product (i.e., gray wire vs. yellow wire, no fuel pressure display activation instruction, a new gold/brass pressure regulator vs. the old "green" pressure regulator and an "updated" display (Incidentally, customer service originally explained the "green" fuel pressure regulator to be an outdated and/or problematic model)) there's usually some kind of good faith compensation given to the customer for their trouble(s) - What type of compensation exactly(?) I don't know since that's usually decided by the company, but I can tell you it does not start with me paying for return shipping of "outdated" parts out of my own pocket - In fact, my real world experience with top-notch companies and top-notch customer service proves quite the opposite...take for example when I'm at the drive-through of a local fast food restaurant and they have trouble with my order...I'm happily compensated with a menu item on the spot or upon my next visit. Another recent example of top notch customer service from a company called "SimpleCentrifuge" out of Ohio had a recent product update and sent the updated item with postage paid for returning the outdated item, even going so far as to offer me the outdated item at cost if I wanted to keep it - This folks is the customer service I've grown to know and love...and it's these companies which get my repeat business and word-of-mouth advertising...these companies handled the issues professionally without making me out to be the bad guy who had a chip on his shoulder when he first called...

I see where this thread is going...and would rather agree to disagree and move on.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:41 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think there is anyone who could make you happy about thins situation. While is does blow that it happened, it happened. There are underlying circumstances in your situation, as I read the replies from quad, that were beyond his control. Should a meat wholesaler in one town give you a hamburger because there was a problem when you ordered it at one of their buyers? Lets get real. Problem, sounds to me, was that there were too many people in the mix, and you went to quad. He was the supplier, not the retail sales rep.

That being said, yeah, agree to disagree. That seems all you want to do. Disagree.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Interestingly you keep avoiding/skirting the issues which are more the reflection of the company and the product, and less the fault of the vendor peddling the product - I could look past the pressure reg. since it's now "magically" re-addressed as the "wrong part" vs. an "updated" or "problematic part". However, incomplete or inadequate instructions and/or manufacturing issues regarding proper wire color, points directly to an in-house QC problem - The straw that broke the camels back...expecting the customer to pay return shipping for known issues regarding "out-dated" parts still under warranty...a very interesting customer service concept indeed - Please forgive me for being so difficult in expecting perfection straight out of the box and for going on about customer service which fully understands what it means to be inconvenienced - I will adjust my future expectations accordingly on future purchases and be forever grateful and thankful everything is working as originally anticipated...I'm sorry, my fault.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:25 PM

xxwildbillxx
I tried calling you and I even sent you a pm, I guess you been busy. I just wanted to see if you had sent the Recon XZT and Fuel Pressure sending unit back to me that I replaced a couple of weeks ago.