3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quadzilla Dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get the quad for that price, buy the commander(controls quad, and has gauges built in, then get the smarty too.
set the smarty on 8, and use the quad to dial it up and down. that's what i do and its really FUN.
oh, with that stack, say goodbye to your clutch, and plan on a turbo upgrade.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
get the quad for that price, buy the commander(controls quad, and has gauges built in, then get the smarty too.
set the smarty on 8, and use the quad to dial it up and down. that's what i do and its really FUN.
oh, with that stack, say goodbye to your clutch, and plan on a turbo upgrade.
so can i run the quad for a while with out the gauges? i will have the clutch mid next month. i'm not sure i want to stack but i'm sure that will change.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Fire Rescue124
so can i run the quad for a while with out the gauges? i will have the clutch mid next month. i'm not sure i want to stack but i'm sure that will change.
I wouldn't want to run any higher HP box without gauges. I've heard the Quad box gets a little hot on some trucks too. Do you not have gauges of any sort right now?

EDIT: nevermind, I just saw where you don't have gauges. If I were you, that would be my first investment.....
Old 07-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by 06CTDforAU
I wouldn't want to run any higher HP box without gauges. I've heard the Quad box gets a little hot on some trucks too. Do you not have gauges of any sort right now?

EDIT: nevermind, I just saw where you don't have gauges. If I were you, that would be my first investment.....
yeah i need to but i find deals that i can't pass so the gauges get pushed off more and more every time. Thanks for the advise and i think i am going to buy the quad and then gauges before i install it.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Fire Rescue124
yeah i need to but i find deals that i can't pass so the gauges get pushed off more and more every time. Thanks for the advise and i think i am going to buy the quad and then gauges before i install it.
Sounds like a plan to me. I definately understand the deal on deals. I get caught up in things like that all the time. Are you wanting analog gauges or something like the Commander?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Banned

the commander is $359 at the dtr store. that may not be within your budget right now, but i do not recommend adding any fuelling box without some form of monitoring.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:43 AM

just a side ?... i have never seen the Commander's in action, so i'm wondering, do they react quickly to changes like an analog gauge? or is it slow? the reason i ask is this, in my shop, we have both analog gauges and computerized to watch different factors on the test equipment, and i have noticed over the years that the analogs are MUCH better for doing diagnostics so they react soo much faster. is that the same case for vehicles, or do the LCD's read just as fast or faster? just curious...when i get my truck, i want to make sure that it holds together for a long dang time and i want to know at moment's notice, sh%$ is good or bad.

thanks
Old 07-20-2007, 11:15 AM

Old 07-20-2007, 11:20 AM

The digitals are way faster than a full sweep analog gauge.

We actually have to filter the data down to slow it down and it is still incredibly faster than analogs. Not to mention we have warnings we can set, we keep a copy of the min and max of each value, or you can set it to de-fuel if you have a module.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Well, I'm definitely not downing the Quad box. I really liked mine but my truck didn't. I just never saw anything near those kinds of numbers. I never got a chance to dyno this truck with it on there either......
You should NOT get those kind of numbers out of a 250hp SO motor???? What would you not expect those sort of numbers from a 600 series??

I know your truck did not like it but, it does not seem to like anything you put on it from what I have read?
Old 07-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Banned

lets just be sure to remember that there is a dodgezilla and a dodgezilla04 on this site. i hate being confused with someone else.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:30 AM

My 03 HO CTD loves the race box need to get the fuel rail monitor though dont think it is getting all the fuel it needs. Would it put out more smoke with a switch it already puts out alot from a dead start?
Old 07-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Banned

^^ yes. it is not going to be intersection black out, but there will be more.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:40 AM

It already blacks out the car behind me as long as i shower down on it.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:38 PM

Quick Reply: Quadzilla Dyno numbers