3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quadzilla Commander Now Available!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
Fuel pressure and Rail Pressure come together as an add on. It is pretty in-expensive, but you have to talk to your dealer or vendor about pricing.

The Commander comes with everything needed to monitor EGT, Boost, Coolant and transmission temp and control and de-fuel our modules.

The Fuel pressure kit comes with a stainless tapped banjo bolt, fuel pressure sender (0-100psi) and the harness to watch rail pressure as well. It is under 3 digits, FYI.

Quad
How is the emulator(?) to control multiple boxes coming? I thought I heard that one was needed with the TST. Are there going to be other monitored parameters coming later? I need an engine oil pressure gauge. Thanks for the hard work on this!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:33 PM

Another question does the Commander come with some kind of mount to put it on the dash?
Old 06-29-2006, 12:09 AM

The "translator" or emulator is working well. Now with that said the TST and the Juice are the 2 most complicated pieces to fully control and will most likely not be finished first. Products like the 6Gun, MP8, and Dr P are much easier to control. We will be beta testing all of that stuff very soon. It is actually done and ready, but we are trying to fullproof the online USB stuff so that as we have updates everyone can actually use them. Once this is done we will finish the "translator" part.

Also someone else asked about reading 65psi and the simple answer is yes, but of course there is a catch. The stock sensor is only reasonably accurate to around 45psi give or take depending on the actual altitude. To read the 65psi we have a piece that actually reads boost mechanically and you will have to use boost tubing to get it to our sensor.

mcol,

It does come with a mount. The mount actually works pretty well, but with anything they can always be better. Depending on how and where you want to mount it will decide if it what you want. For mounting near the A-pillar on the dash it works perfect and that is where I have mine in the 06. When we were beta testing we got a wrong shipment of some 3M adhesive tape and it caused the mounts to work poorly without securing it permanently. The base does have the ability to be mounted permanently. Anyhow with the proper thin tape it works perfect in the cold or in the heat.

With only a few hundred units out total I have seen probably 40 different installations. I have seen all sorts of cell phone mounts adapted, numerous custom mounts to put it near the radio or a/c controls, and I have even seen people take an OUtlook pod and modify it to fit the Commander. We actually have some pods coming, but they are SLOW!!!!........Not that I am one to talk too much, this has drug out entirely too long!

Quad
Old 06-29-2006, 12:46 AM

for those of yall who get this or are looking at it you will love it ive had mine foar awhile now and probaly going to get another for the wifes mega cab
Old 06-29-2006, 01:12 AM

Qzilla thanks for all the quick responses and information I really apperciate it. I think I'm going to get this at the end of the week money pending !
Old 06-29-2006, 04:15 PM

I'm liking this thing more and more. I'm thinking of selling the Juice/Attitude and going with your setup instead. I really like the extra features the Commander adds, both fuel pressures the most important! Edge has been AWESOME with customer service, but I've heard qzilla is just as good

Heck, I might order this thing anyway and decide on another box later, since it will control the Juice!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4x4not
I'm liking this thing more and more. I'm thinking of selling the Juice/Attitude and going with your setup instead. I really like the extra features the Commander adds, both fuel pressures the most important! Edge has been AWESOME with customer service, but I've heard qzilla is just as good

Heck, I might order this thing anyway and decide on another box later, since it will control the Juice!
Just give Lary a call. He'll make sure you get the best price
Old 07-03-2006, 11:04 AM

I left him a voice mail. I hope he calls me back for I go in to work!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by 4x4not
I left him a voice mail. I hope he calls me back for I go in to work!
Now you have a voice mail I was on the other line when you called, geesh been a busy phone day for a holiday, I came by the office to check on some things about 9:30am and still here at 2:30 PM
Old 07-03-2006, 02:41 PM

Quit whining! We are working too! I thought we might be able to do some catching up today, but we have been hammered!
Old 07-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by qzilla
Quit whining! We are working too! I thought we might be able to do some catching up today, but we have been hammered!
I know I just settled in and gave up on taking the day off
Old 07-03-2006, 04:01 PM

With Fuel Pressure what is the about price for one of these kits?????? Or should I just call?
Old 07-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by boostjunkie1
With Fuel Pressure what is the about price for one of these kits?????? Or should I just call?
I can PM you the price if you wish, are you wanting the price on the commander?, fuel pressure kit? or both?
Old 07-03-2006, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I can PM you the price if you wish, are you wanting the price on the commander?, fuel pressure kit? or both?
Yes please PM me with Both and seperate. Thanks, JB
Old 07-03-2006, 08:44 PM

Call DTR!!!!

Larry took care of me today and I was very pleased with the price. Thanks to Qzilla as well for the efforts and great products. I cant wait to get mine in the mail and hook it up.

Quick Reply: Quadzilla Commander Now Available!!!