3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quadzilla Commander

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quadzilla Commander

I thought I would throw some pictures on here of the install on my Quadzilla Commander. Install was easy and took approximatly 45 minutes with drilling and tapping the manifold being the hardest part. I have a six speed so I used the temp sender for my oil temp instead of trans temp. I checked accuracy of the Commander against info in the PCM and it seems spot on. If I can help with any questions feel free to email or pm me. Dean

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-11-2006, 04:25 PM

Looks pretty good. Just wish we all could get one.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:40 PM

Good lookin install!
Quad, when willthe full-blown whistle & bells model be ready?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by koogala
Good lookin install!
Quad, when willthe full-blown whistle & bells model be ready?

I am trying. Like I said the USB is holding us up. We are working as hard and fast as we can.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:57 PM

Thanks.....I used a bracket from a company called cell site that my local cellular installer had in stock. I think it put it in the perfect place for me and easy to get to with the six speed. Quad and the guys have definatly outdone themselves with this I think. The backlight is perfect.....screen is plenty large enough even when displaying 4 parameters. All of the connectors look top notch. The only thing I found is that the wire is too short if you want to use the temp sender to monitor oil temp. 1 1/2 foot of wire and some solder and I had the problem solved. Dean
Old 04-12-2006, 06:04 AM

Did you use the harness quad makes or did you do wiring?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:42 AM

I used the harness that Quad provided for everything except the oil temperature. There seems to be plenty of wire for all other connections and with some creative routing you can make it look good. The harness is made to fit all applications so there is a little extra wire length for the Dodge but it isnt a problem.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by onesourceoil
I used the harness that Quad provided for everything except the oil temperature. There seems to be plenty of wire for all other connections and with some creative routing you can make it look good. The harness is made to fit all applications so there is a little extra wire length for the Dodge but it isnt a problem.

That line was originally intended for the tranmission and on the Dodge it happens to be further away than the Ford or GM tranmission port so it does have a little extra length to get to the oil temp port.

I like where you mounted it and that also is probably why the line is slightly short. From beside the A-pillar it should reach the oil just fine.

If it needs to be longer we will make an adjustment on the next run, we need some more 6spd guys to chime in!

Quad
Old 04-12-2006, 12:17 PM

One good thing about where it is, is that all of the connectors remain in the cab and away from the elements although the connectors look good and water tight.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:27 PM

I'm a 6 -speeder and DYING for this new toy !!! Any plans on making an A- pillar mount for that beast that keeps the handle ? Also will your Quad race get along with an Mp-8 ? Lots of enticing offers out there but I am holding off for you brother !!!
Old 04-12-2006, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mixer Man
I'm a 6 -speeder and DYING for this new toy !!! Any plans on making an A- pillar mount for that beast that keeps the handle ? Also will your Quad race get along with an Mp-8 ? Lots of enticing offers out there but I am holding off for you brother !!!

We are working on a couple of options for A-pillar mounting. First is a vacuum formed pod that works like the Attitude. Second is similar to the original design, but it should allow for mounting in the SRT Pillar. WE originally had a design for this and other single pod mounts, but the SRT-10 Pillar has a much larger hole than a normal vacuum formed pod. We were using a press fit and that won't work in the SRT pillar.

Mounting is a PITA, but our universal mount works pretty darn well, it just is not ON the pillar. You can put it right beside the pillar though. On the 2006 trucks there is actually a perfect spot for the mouting system beside the pillar because it is slightly lower than the dash that goes over the speedo.

Also the MP8 and the Race box will not work properly together.

Also keep in mind that if you have an MP8 the Commander will control it and allow you to defuel it as well.

Quad
Old 04-12-2006, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
We are working on a couple of options for A-pillar mounting. First is a vacuum formed pod that works like the Attitude. Second is similar to the original design, but it should allow for mounting in the SRT Pillar. WE originally had a design for this and other single pod mounts, but the SRT-10 Pillar has a much larger hole than a normal vacuum formed pod. We were using a press fit and that won't work in the SRT pillar.

Mounting is a PITA, but our universal mount works pretty darn well, it just is not ON the pillar. You can put it right beside the pillar though. On the 2006 trucks there is actually a perfect spot for the mouting system beside the pillar because it is slightly lower than the dash that goes over the speedo.

Also the MP8 and the Race box will not work properly together.

Also keep in mind that if you have an MP8 the Commander will control it and allow you to defuel it as well.

Quad
Thanks for the input !! Currently have an overhead console for my guages so that is out but on the left corner of the dash sounds good . Thinking about making a trip to Texas to let the Relentless Diesel crew add a cam ,injectors and ARP studs .........would sure like to meet " The Man " for the dyno session !!! I'm looking to use Don M's injector and cam with your race box !