3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

QuadZilla Adrenaline?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by clarson80
I think I might try cutting the t-tap off the red/white and putting that on #42 and the red wire on #28?
Does that sound right?
i put a wire in the t-tap and tried that
Old 06-12-2009, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huh. IIRC both of my wires were red with no white trace.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:47 PM
tcr

Originally Posted by clarson80
directions are for 03-05...should be the same.
I'm assuming the directions have the turbo timer/module power wires backwards?.... which would mean I had the turbo timer powered up but not the adrenaline module itself.
I HAD the red wire on #42....red/white on nothing.

If I put the red wire on #28 and the red/white wire (after cutting t-tap off) on #42....I should be up and running?
yep.......
Old 06-12-2009, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by tryNto
i think we got messed up harness
agreed
Old 06-12-2009, 11:52 PM

Man wait 9 weeks and its not right
Old 06-12-2009, 11:54 PM

Maybe some of the 06 Adrenaline beta testers will chime in. I dont think you guys have the same harness that I do
Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 PM

so we need a corrected harness or find what pin the short red wire goes to then move the 1 with the white trace....
Old 06-12-2009, 11:57 PM

i think we got the 06-07 harness
Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 PM

I'm bummed big time
Old 06-13-2009, 12:05 AM

You all have the right harnesses. Either you don't have the right instructions or you are reading them wrong?

Here is a direct copy and paste for the instructions that are supposed to be in the boxes. Obviously I skipped some because I just want to clarify the red wire and the red with white wire.

*03-05 Trucks only*
5.) Locate the Data Link sensor. The data Link is located below and just forward of the fuel filter bowl. The Data Link will have a dummy plug snapped into it which must be removed. Do not discard the dummy plug, just keep in a safe place so it can be used again if you ever remove the harness from your truck. Install the Data Link plug from the Adrenaline harness into the data link connector making sure the locking tabs locks in place. Plug the other end of the Data Link adaptor into the corresponding plug on the main Adrenaline harness making sure the locking tab locks in place.

6.) Connect the Adrenaline ground wire to the negative post of the battery terminal. The ground wire is a short black wire with a ring terminal coming from the data link connector harness.

7.) Connect the 12v power wire to the # 42 fuse in the under hood fuse box. This is the main power to the Adrenaline and if it is not connected properly the Adrenaline module will not function properly. Pull the #42 fuse from the fuse box and slide the supplied fuse tap over it. Replace the fuse into the fuse panel making sure it is seated properly. Adding the fuse tap makes for a tight but, secure fit in the fuse panel.

10.) Run the red wire with a white stripe through the firewall grommet and into the cab. The firewall grommet is located on the driver’s side towards the floorboard. Using the posi-tap connector we will connect to the ignition Keep Alive wire for the Turbo Timer. Even if you do not intend to use the Turbo Timer this wire must be connected properly so that the Adrenaline module will function properly.

Locate the main wiring harness going into the steering column. This is best accessed by removing the kick panel from the dash.

To use the posi-tap you must first unscrew the posi-tap, place the cap over the correct wire and then twist the portion of the posi-tap left on the red/white wire approximately 7 times in the counterclockwise direction. Then screw this portion of the posi-tap onto the cap making sure you have a positive connection with the ignition wire.

03-05
Locate the Large Dark Blue wire and connect the red wire with a white stripe to it.

06-07
Locate the Large Pink wire with White stripe and connect the red wire with a white stripe to it.
Failure to complete this step will cause the Adrenaline to function improperly
Old 06-13-2009, 12:08 AM

we got the wrong directions, what you have is not what i have... thank you
Old 06-13-2009, 12:10 AM

I have some pictures but, photobucket seems to be down? Go figure.

The red wire coming off the data link plug needs to go to Fuse #42 in the engine compartment.

The red/white wire goes into the cab and connects to the big, dark blue wire in the main harness coming out of the steering column. This is the TT keep alive wire but, it is also the ignition sense wire so we tell the Pulse or ControlPod to turn on. If you don't want the turbo timer to work, just the module, hook the red/white wire to anything that is keyed 12v power.

I will keep trying to get a couple of pictures up.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by tryNto
we got the wrong directions, what you have is not what i have... thank you
That means it is going to be a really bad Monday for someone in TX.

You must have gotten the original beta testing instructions? That really, really, really upsets me.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:18 AM

Are there different harnesses now Quad?
Old 06-13-2009, 12:24 AM

quad...I think you're right...we got the wrong install instructions.
Instructions say only '06 trucks will run a wire to the cab.

I tried red wire #42....red/ white #28...had power, but didn't work correctly (read a few parameters and that was it, couldn't do anything else...no cel) Pulled it off again.

Tomorrow I will try find the big, dark blue wire under the dash and put the tap back on the red/white wire and try that.
Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: QuadZilla Adrenaline?