3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

QuadZilla Adrenaline?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to start a new thread on this, but this thread fits....I had a problem with my pulse monitor and fuel pressure sensor...Stuff happens (with my luck, it's always me...would have happened to me with any box/programmer.)

Called Quadzilla tech support, and spoke with justin...he walked me through a few possible solutions that I could do over the phone, no luck....the parts that were giving me problems have already been shipped to them, and he said they will be back to me next week.

So far, customer support gets an A+ from me. Yet another reason I bought another quad product.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:45 PM

I had a problem with mine over the weekend of the 4th. I was towing heavy with the truck and working it pretty good here in the mountains and found a problem with the coolant map on the pulse. The temp would go from 212 to 253 and throw a warning code even though the temp wasn't at 253. Just curious also if this seems hot to anyone or if its nothing to worry about.

The other problem I had was much scarier. I got the camper back to the camping spot and was letting the truck idle as we tried to get a flat spot to put the camper. Well all of a sudden the truck started to idle real lopey and uneven. I ran over to the truck to shut it off because it didn't sound good at all and the pulse screen was blank. Well I shut the key off and the trucks RPM's immediately shot to 3k and it was still running rough. I pressed the brake hoping that it would shut the truck down, but it didn't do anything. The truck continued to run at redline. I quickly popped the hood and disconnected the Adrenaline from the wiring harness and the truck shut down.

The Adrenaline was noticeably hot. I tried reconnecting it and starting the truck, but the screen remained blank and the truck would crank, but not start. I waited a while with the hood open and the adrenaline in the shade and allowed it to cool. Well once I did that it fired up and seemed to run fine.

Overall it doesn't seem as though any harm was done to the truck, but it was definitely very scary. Had I been driving and this happened I don't know what I would have done. I called Quadzilla, but Jeremy said Quad is out of town. I drove it home with everything hooked up and didn't seem to have any troubles, but I sure don't want that happening again.

I got a little white smoke when I restarted it the first time, but everything seems to be ok, at least I hope so.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:29 PM
tcr

My coolant temp tops at 215* then goes to ---, it won't register anything higher than 215*.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:41 AM

Quad any update on this? Jeremy said he was going to call me back after he spoke to you, but I haven't heard anything from either of you.