3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

quad xzillaraider xzt?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quad xzillaraider xzt?

I have an 07 5.9 6sp, wanting towing and economy, with little smoke and no dealer problems, what are your guys thoughts on the quad xzt?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned

get one. good product, nice price, fantastic support both on the phone and the big guy at quad is on this site many times a day answering ?'s
Old 08-02-2007, 10:58 PM

Quad makes excellent boxes. I have the Xzillaraider and I don't get much smoke at all out of this box on any of the settings, which tells me that it maximizes the fuel burn to it's fullest potential IMO. I am thoroughly pleased with my quad. The XZT should be an excellent mod as well since you don't have to switch the settings around, and the HP is plenty for mileage and power increase. I had some tech questions when I installed my setup and the tech line is prompt and very helpful, I would recommend them to anyone wanting a nice power upgrade.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by treemover
and no dealer problems

Can someone shed some light on this little part ?

I too am curious about this box.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by AprilzWarrior
Can someone shed some light on this little part ?

I too am curious about this box.

There's no clear answer to this. All dealers seem to have a different view of these types of products. Some will void your warranty, some will sell and install the box.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:55 AM

I have one and I love it, just be sure and get gauges like the Quad Commander, I can make the egt's go over 1400 degrees. Buy it right here on DTR from Lary, he beat every deal on the internet and you support this site.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:55 AM

I had the quad XZT on my truck for about a year, absolutley no problems, sold it and put the quad std box on about 4 months ago. No problems with it so far, Quad makes good products with great prices. As far as dealer issues just take the box off before going to the shop and they will never know its been there.

Trending Topics

Old 08-03-2007, 11:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
As far as dealer issues if you remove it there should be no issues. Takes just 5 minutes to uninstall, 2 plugs and its gone.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:32 AM

how is this product for off the line acceleration? I'm not talking 1/4 mile times necessarily, but does it help the turbo spool quicker? I want to get rid of the "laggy-ness" (I just made up a new word!) of the stock truck with bigger tires.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned

As for the dealer issue. Even though you take off the tuner before going to the dealer. For example, say you have a injector go out or worse. I was told by my dealer that when they down load all your info to send back to DC. It is about three pages long of everything imaginable of reading on your truck. So if the fueling are higher (pressure, more timing, etc.) than what stock is rated for they can prove something was on your truck. There are I guess alot more parameters they can look at for abnormal reading compared to stock numbers. Am I right or wrong on this?

I am also curious how good off the line power to get bigger tires rolling w the Quad.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Banned

with a stock turbo, there wont be any lag.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
with a stock turbo, there wont be any lag.
do you mean with the xzilaraider xzt?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

yeah. i will fuel alittle harder down low than stock, which will give slightly quicker spool. going to a standard or race module, the spool will be quicker still. an aftermarket turbo WILL need some form of additional fueling to light fast, even then there will still be lag
Old 08-03-2007, 11:53 AM

I have the "tow" box from Quad and love it. Really starts to pull from 15psi and up when getting on the go peddle.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:46 PM

Huh

Originally Posted by CTD Freak
"laggy-ness"
Isn't that a monster over in Scotland somewhere?

Quick Reply: quad xzillaraider xzt?