3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quad Xzill vs Smarty

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad Xzill vs Smarty

Well I was wondering who has tried both and the pros and cons of each.
The smoke on my smarty I do not like, and there is quite a bit of rattle.
MPG? whos better
I am not looking for big horse power just a little more I run the smarty on 3 all the time. Please give me info if you have tried both.
If someone is in the Medford OR area and wants to let me try the Quad I will let them try the smarty.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:28 PM
tcr

I have both, and I like both....stacked.....nevermind, I'm NO HELP!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:31 PM

Have you ever ran one without the other, I know it will be a littl edifferent with all the mods you have but a littl einfo is better than no info.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 PM

Programers?

Hey guys new member long time reader,but still don't no what programer to get? Looking for some extra power when towing and playing. Truck has a intake and a cat back on the way. Received a banks bullet for a gift I tank it was a joke! Thing is crap! Need Help!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:36 PM

Hey, I am in Klamath Falls and would be interested in a temporary swap if your interested.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Banned

Ed, Welcome to DTR.

I ran the quad standard for 1 year then the quad race for 1 1/2 by themselves. I really liked them. Good power, great driveability, better mileage, no troubles. I tow with the race box.
I have had the smarty for 7 months and use it alone, or stacked with the quad race. I really like it too.
I cannot say which is better, because they are 2 different units.
1 is adjustable while driving, gives little to moderate power gains, great customer service, and has caused no trouble.
the other is not adjustable while driving(takes 3-5 minutes with truck off) gives less than stock power to absolutely insane power, adjusts for tire diameter, clears/reads DTC and ABS codes, programs are downloadable from the site for free, great customer service and no trouble.

Both manufacturers are constantly monitoring this forum for questions, and are always improving the product.

just go flip a coin......
Old 06-27-2007, 10:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
there ya go a match made in southern oregon If you need any other software to play with just aks
Old 06-27-2007, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Big T
Well I was wondering who has tried both and the pros and cons of each.
The smoke on my smarty I do not like, and there is quite a bit of rattle.
MPG? whos better
I am not looking for big horse power just a little more I run the smarty on 3 all the time. Please give me info if you have tried both.
If someone is in the Medford OR area and wants to let me try the Quad I will let them try the smarty.

I have the Xzillaraider Standard and love it. Like you, I don't like the smoke, and nailing it on the 100 hp setting gives just a little puff that clears quickly. Power is smooth and manageable. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:00 AM
tcr

I would suggest you keep the Smarty. You basically have the best power adder already. You will not have the low end grunt power w/ the Quad boxes. I'm not sure which one gives better fuel economy, they both improved milage for me. For smoke control maybe you should try other softwares for injectors or diff TM. If you had a Quadzilla and didn't have a Smarty you would want a Smarty, that's just the way it is. The new beta 4.4 might change your mind if you haven't tried it yet, it does allow you to take off w/ less throttle and less smoke(it still smokes when you want to though). The added pressure makes the Smarty the best single product out IMO.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Big T,
Did you try the aftermarket injector program? Should help with reducing the smoke.
SMARTY beta 4.4 has reduced the smoke for me, since the turbo spools up quicker now. But it will smoke if you want it too. It's all in the right foot. Just have to learn how to control it with modified driving habits.

MikeyB
Old 06-28-2007, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by BigJohnston
Hey, I am in Klamath Falls and would be interested in a temporary swap if your interested.
Hey Big Johnston do you get over the hill at all I would love to try a little swap with ya. If so PM me be nice to try the diff stuff. We have trucks that go over the hill every day but would like to have you there when we swap so we can help eachother out on the install. I do not get over there that much but we could work somthing out.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:05 AM

Smoked

All I know guys is that four of us went to San Diego last weekend 2 chev's ,1 ford, and my dodge all pulling the same trailer size up hill 6% grade this dodge got smoked! I know your not to race up a hill like that but some extra power would of helped! You no what kind of stuff my bud's said to me! We (dodge's) can't let that happen!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:12 AM

I have run both on my 06.

I had the XZilllaraider STD. If you are looking for somthing to smoke your tires with, this is not the right module for you. If you want something you can run on 60 and tow with, then its the right one.

I did some serious towing with the Smarty for the first time this weekend. I ran it on 1 (30 hp), and it felt like 90 (compared to running the same route with the Quad). I had more power than I ever had with the Quad, but I also had to watch the EGT's a little more, and I had some tranny slippage going through the foothills and up the steep parts. I somehow seriously doubt the 30 hp claim on 1. Even on 1 it will smoke the rear tires (something I had a hard time doing with the Quad on 100)

They are two very different birds....
Old 07-02-2007, 12:20 AM

Smarty, i love mine!