3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quad X2 Race Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad X2 Race Questions

First let me say the Standard Quadzilla X2 is the only programmer/chip I have used on this truck, and it runs flawlessly. I am however thinking about upgrading to the RACE program. If you guys could help me with a couple of questions before I do I would appreciate it though…

1. How exactly it if different from the standard version programming, i.e. is it just another level up or is it making power by a different method?

2. Those that have upgraded, is your truck still running as smooth as with the standard programming? This is a real important point for me.

3. How has it affected your mpg average, when not hot shooting of course? Is anyone actually seeing an mpg increase?
Old 04-24-2008, 04:12 PM

I wasted $80 when I upgraded mine before I got rid of it. EGT's were WAAAAAAAY too high for my liking (1550 degrees before I could get to 60 mph WOT). One of the Quadzilla tech's told me 1600 degrees isn't THAT high. If you have meth. inj. or a big turbo it might be OK for you. I didn't really notice any power difference. I read on here you have to have alot of supporting mods to get the benefit from the upgrade. I did love the tune on the fly feature Quadzilla offers, though.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:36 PM

my x2 race works fine,i never had the standard so i cant make a comparasion but i feel im getting better milage on the mmm tune,i noticed lower temps with the x2 compared to the pred tuner,i think the pred uses alot of duration which makes things hot,i think the quad uses lots of timing,especially on the mmm tune,i notice its more niosy than stock,its not as responsive down low as i would like but its a great box.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:57 PM

Dang...I hope yall arent right! I just opened the box to my X2, I just finally upgraded from my old race box.

....We'll see here in a few, ..and I'll report back!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:07 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I upgraded and couldnt be happier! My egt's do get a little toasty, but I keep them in check with the commander settings. Plans for a larger exhaust and a larger turbo should help too. The nice part is you can get custom tunes, and the mileage setting. The best of both worlds!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:58 PM

X2

I just installed my X2 race yesterday and so far love it. The race setting pulls realy good in my opinion but I do have to feather the throttle a little to regulate the EGT's. If I accelerate at about 3/4 throttle it still pulls really good but the EGT's don't spike nearly as fast.

Tonight I plan on downloading the stacker tune so I can try it with my smarty jr should be fun. Overall I am happy with the X2.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:45 PM

Can you download more the one software at a time on the chip or just one at a time? Like x2 race. And say if I wanted to run the x2 smoke would I have to download the x2 smoke over the x2 race? Is there any hp difference beteen the x2 race and x2 smoke?
Old 05-03-2008, 03:51 PM

You can download as many tunes as you would like to your computer, but you can only load one program at a time onto your X2. It only takes a minute to load programs though. I haven't tried the smoke tune yet so I don't know if there is a difference in power or not.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:17 PM

I think I wasted $170 upgrading from my original race to the X2 race my truck has a rough idle that it never had before. The techs @ Quadzilla cant seem to figure out whats going on its currently disconnected from my truck and Im running the Triple Dog and Van Aaken. Heres the post I started over a month ago I'm currently waiting on a new control pod to try I wish I kept my old box!
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ght=rough+idle
Old 05-03-2008, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by booman70
I think I wasted $170 upgrading from my original race to the X2 race my truck has a rough idle that it never had before. The techs @ Quadzilla cant seem to figure out whats going on its currently disconnected from my truck and Im running the Triple Dog and Van Aaken. Heres the post I started over a month ago I'm currently waiting on a new control pod to try I wish I kept my old box!
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ght=rough+idle
did you ever get it taken care of??? i had same problem i think.... i sent the box back, no luck, sent the harness back, no luck, ended up being the control pod... got a new one and it was perfect... 5 months down the road same thing so i just unpluged the control pod and it was fine... then i up graded to the x2 which is good but i think i might sell once this revo smarty gets released!!!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 07:04 PM

No Im waiting for a new control pod right now.