3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quad X2 modules...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...l2_ugrade.html
Old 10-02-2007, 07:16 PM

I know will be a stupid ? but got to ask. With the new harness could you use the coolant temp part for say your tranny temp in stead or will that mess with things.
Also 2 I had you pot my mod cause of rf issue which didn't help but anyways that would not matter on trade will it?
Thanks sorry for dumb ??"s
Thanks, Mike in Mesa AZ
Old 10-02-2007, 07:17 PM

You cannot use the coolant stuff for the transmission. On the new harnesses (which are not available yet) it has connectors for the coolant temperature sensors and is not just a wire.

It does not matter that it was potted.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:40 PM

Leave the data link off. Plug us in first.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:50 PM

When and where can i get one??
Old 10-02-2007, 08:12 PM

I just want to clear a couple of questions I have. I can run this X2 module without the Commander right? I'm assuming the POD is that thing that resembles the Recon FP gauge right?

I also would like to know if this can be stacked w/ a Dr.Performance Stage ll box?

One more thing, this X2 dosen't plug into the ECM does it? How do you go about chaning the levels, through the POD?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:30 PM

OK, does the X2 plug into the commanders harness or vice versa...
If I wait to upgrade till the new harness and I wanted to remove the X2 - would the Commander still function?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Banned

i just downloaded the smoke file cause i am such an environmentalist. however it is now too dark and raining to drive it and check it out. tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:13 PM

If one had the Std box and was interested in upgrading to the Race box what would be required?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:38 PM

I just want to clear a couple of questions I have. I can run this X2 module without the Commander right? I'm assuming the POD is that thing that resembles the Recon FP gauge right?

I also would like to know if this can be stacked w/ a Dr.Performance Stage ll box?

One more thing, this X2 dosen't plug into the ECM does it? How do you go about chaning the levels, through the POD?
You can run the X2 with a Commander.

The Control Pod is what we use for a switch. It resembles the Recon and the Rail Pressure guage but, has different functions.

It cannot be stacked with a Dr P box.

The module is controlled with the Control Pod. That is how you change power levels and flip through the different functions monitored.

OK, does the X2 plug into the commanders harness or vice versa...
If I wait to upgrade till the new harness and I wanted to remove the X2 - would the Commander still function?
The Commander will plug into the X2 harness. Only at the MAP and Coolant plugs though. The X2 wiring harness comes with built in taps so that you do not have to use the t-tap method.

If you want to remove the X2 the Commander will work just fine but, you will need to tap the factory sensors.

If one had the Std box and was interested in upgrading to the Race box what would be required?
Fill the upgrade form out. You will get a new X2 module and switch back with the new control pod. Then there is an online form you fill out and we send you the Race upgrade.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:28 PM

Sheesh... I just got a Race with the control pod. Like 2 months ago. Do I need the new harness to load the Race Hot Smoke file or not. Commander is also comming soon as they get more made. I'm confused.... X2 harness does what?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:32 PM

The new harness eliminates the need to tap into wires and also allows the cotrol pod to read/display coolant temps.

Quick Reply: Quad X2 modules...