3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quad Recon feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad Recon feedback?

Who has used this and how do you like it. I am entertaining the thought of upping my fuel system. If I do I should get one of these first I think.

Thanx.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:06 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Well, I feel if anyone does any performance upgrades or tows often, gauges of some sort are a most. The Recon is an excellent little gauge/monitor. Ive been running one now for several months. It seems to be accurate enough. I really like the ability to set warnings when you exceed a predetermined value. And it's super easy to install. The only down side or "con" is that it only shows one feature at a time. So you have to reach up and push a little button to go to the next feature. This is where I feel the Commander or a set of analog gauges would be better. Qaudzilla reconmends the Recon be mounted on the steering column. I felt it looked outa place there. And with the heat, the twoway tape would get soft and it would move around, especially when pushing the buttons. So I just relocated it, kinda. It's still on the steering column, but I moved it back so it sits up agianst the dash bezel. Seems to stay put now.

Other than that, the "pros" far outweigh the "cons" on this little monitor.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by JPR Ram
Well, I feel if anyone does any performance upgrades or tows often, gauges of some sort are a most. The Recon is an excellent little gauge/monitor. Ive been running one now for several months. It seems to be accurate enough. I really like the ability to set warnings when you exceed a predetermined value. And it's super easy to install. The only down side or "con" is that it only shows one feature at a time. So you have to reach up and push a little button to go to the next feature. This is where I feel the Commander or a set of analog gauges would be better. Qaudzilla reconmends the Recon be mounted on the steering column. I felt it looked outa place there. And with the heat, the twoway tape would get soft and it would move around, especially when pushing the buttons. So I just relocated it, kinda. It's still on the steering column, but I moved it back so it sits up agianst the dash bezel. Seems to stay put now.

Other than that, the "pros" far outweigh the "cons" on this little monitor.

Thanx JPR. I did not know the Recon gauge was out that long. Do you have the one Quadzilla item that looks just like the Recon gauge but is a module (I sw it for sale in the DTR store)? I have an EGT/boost gauge. I would only be getting it for rail pressure and fuel pressure.

Thanx.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:17 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by jmccart
Thanx JPR. I did not know the Recon gauge was out that long. Do you have the one Quadzilla item that looks just like the Recon gauge but is a module (I sw it for sale in the DTR store)? I have an EGT/boost gauge. I would only be getting it for rail pressure and fuel pressure.

Thanx.
OH....you're wanting the Fuel Rail pressure gauge. It looks just like the Recon, but it only does fuel pressure at the fuel rail, I think.

I'm running the Recon, which is the multi-function monitor/gauge, which monitors the EGT's, boost, tranny temp and fuel pressure.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you are looking at the Rail Pressure Gauge that we offer???

If you started a thread like that you might get more response?

WE sell a lot of the Recon's but, not online for some reason. It seems that the smaller local shops sell tons of them to the farmer types around the country.

I think the internet crowd is a little more flashy?