3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quad Jitters

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like Quad said the more you leave it on the high setting the more noticiable it is. Thanks for the explanation Quad. I do leave mine on the 100 setting when not towing. I like it alot and that would explain why I am noticing it now. Also thanks for explaining the flash thing. I thought you were refering to a dealership flash and I really did not want to try to explain to them what was happening. If you know what I mean. Just to clarify I do not have a problem only an issue or a quirk if you will. I am not going to get rid of this this cause I believe it is the right one for me and my truck.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do we know when flash upgrades are available (or neccessary)? I have the ZXT and want to keep up with the latest.
thanks
Brian

Originally posted by qzilla
The number of issues are extremely low compared to number of units in production.

I call tehm issues and not problems because most of them are questions about surging or a noise someone heard. Only on the rare occasion does someone have a true problem.

The surging I have described before, but it is a long explanation. The bottom line is that we have a new flash for the 600's the soften the way the on demand comes in. Most of the time the trucks are doing over 70mph either steady throttle or cruise is on. When you hit a small incline in the road as boost rises we start being more aggressive with the fueling. As that happens you can feel the truck accelerate and then when the load decreases you fell the power go away. This is not really surging, but it is hard to explain so most people explain it that way.

Surging is when you are on flat ground with steady throttle and you can watch the rpm's rise and fall back and forth.

I still don't like the issues that we have and that is why we have this flash. Not always but typically the more you leave it on higher settings the more noticeable this can be. This is especially true in the 130hp mode.

So far everyone that has the new reflash does not have the problem anymore.

If for some reason you don't want to send the box in for a reflash then run it in a lower setting while cruising.

Also if you send it in don't send the whole thing. Use your bypass plug and just send the elelctronics. You also need to get and RMA# from someone in tech so they know exactly what to do when it arrives and they should get it out the same day.

Quad