3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quad Jitters

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad Jitters

I purchased a Quadzilla in March and and have to admit that I have been very happy with it. But i have noticed something with it that I haven't noticed before. I was driving down the interstate about 70 mph and switched up to the 100 hp mode and noticed the truck starting to jerk around abit (like a spark plug off on a gasser) I switched back to the 60 hp setting and the truck returned to normal. I then went back to the 100 hp and the jerking resumed and I got a CEL code P0088 High Fuel Rail Pressure. I attributed that to the switching of the **** between the 60 and 100 hp setting. The light went away after 4 or 5 cycles and I went to where I bought it and they swapped it out with a new one. Every time I run in the 100 hp setting I have this jerking feeling in the truck. No CEL and its only above 70 mph or you know 2000 rpm or greater. Has any one else experienced this? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Shaky
Old 05-26-2005, 01:10 PM

I have too. Just started last weekend.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:59 PM

It sounds almost like touchy throttle. There is an update flash available and it may be worth trying.

Quad
Old 05-26-2005, 07:35 PM

It's not a touchy throttle, the cruise control is set.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:24 PM

Dang it! I hate hearing about all these problems with the Quadzilla. I was thinking about getting a "box" but I'm hesitant because of all the reported problems. It seems more and more of these problems are cropping up. Does anyone know of a trouble-free product of this type?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:22 AM

Buzz, I understand your concerns but remember, there are many more of us with no problems with the Quadzilla boxes than there are with them. You are only hearing about the problems because who wants to continually see posts saying "I love this box".

Did I mention "I love this box!"
Old 05-27-2005, 08:32 AM

sent mine back last week for the same surging problem. Yet to see the box, hoping I will see it today
Old 05-27-2005, 09:02 AM

I would like to say I like my box too. I just thought it odd that this was happening. Maybe someone has a fix and they would share. I had mine box installed for me by an authorized dealer. So I doubt that it would have been installed incorrectly.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:16 AM

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. Care to chime in Quad?
Old 05-27-2005, 11:40 AM

The number of issues are extremely low compared to number of units in production.

I call tehm issues and not problems because most of them are questions about surging or a noise someone heard. Only on the rare occasion does someone have a true problem.

The surging I have described before, but it is a long explanation. The bottom line is that we have a new flash for the 600's the soften the way the on demand comes in. Most of the time the trucks are doing over 70mph either steady throttle or cruise is on. When you hit a small incline in the road as boost rises we start being more aggressive with the fueling. As that happens you can feel the truck accelerate and then when the load decreases you fell the power go away. This is not really surging, but it is hard to explain so most people explain it that way.

Surging is when you are on flat ground with steady throttle and you can watch the rpm's rise and fall back and forth.

I still don't like the issues that we have and that is why we have this flash. Not always but typically the more you leave it on higher settings the more noticeable this can be. This is especially true in the 130hp mode.

So far everyone that has the new reflash does not have the problem anymore.

If for some reason you don't want to send the box in for a reflash then run it in a lower setting while cruising.

Also if you send it in don't send the whole thing. Use your bypass plug and just send the elelctronics. You also need to get and RMA# from someone in tech so they know exactly what to do when it arrives and they should get it out the same day.

Quad
Old 05-27-2005, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by Buzz
Dang it! I hate hearing about all these problems with the Quadzilla. I was thinking about getting a "box" but I'm hesitant because of all the reported problems. It seems more and more of these problems are cropping up. Does anyone know of a trouble-free product of this type?
I haven't had any problems with mine and I think I'm in the majority.

I think most posts are from the few with problems as most with NO problems are less likely to post.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:14 PM

I am also one of many that have not experienced any problems with the box, so far so good and more importantly I appreciate having Quad around if there should ever be a problem it is reassuring to know that they stand behind their product.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:09 PM

Originally posted by Dodgezilla
Buzz, I understand your concerns but remember, there are many more of us with no problems with the Quadzilla boxes than there are with them. You are only hearing about the problems because who wants to continually see posts saying "I love this box".

Did I mention "I love this box!"
AMEN! I am having no issues on any setting. Smooth noticeable power in all settings, Oh and I love this box!
Old 05-27-2005, 01:59 PM

I'm not doggin' on the quad box. I love it! I just want to know if others had experienced this small problem I've had. I would recomend it to all who asked. I was concerned there was a problem with my truck, that's all. I'll just return it for the reflash.

Quick Reply: Quad Jitters