3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Pyro sensor installation post turbo question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 02:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Pyro sensor installation post turbo question.

I am installing a pyro gauge and I had a question. If I get an Edge Juice/ Attitude later will I have to install another pyro sensor or can I use the one that I am installing for my gauge? I am not crazy about dropping the Turbo so I was going to install it on the #3 runner and clean it out with a magnet and ducktape method. If I had to run 2 I was going to install the Pyro Post Turbo.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:55 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm no expert, but from what I understand most pyrometers have a very sensitve electrical resistance used to post the readings. So longer wires, heavier gauge wires, etc. would cause slight but important fluctuations in the ohms the different guages read. So I'm gonna say no. It would work but you would have no Idea if it would be accurate.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:52 AM

or you can get rid of your pyro gauge and stick another gauge in there and use your edge as your pyro reading. Thats what I did, and on my gauge pillar i have Boost / trans temp / fuel pressure. If you are thinking of using the edge as your boost gauge there is a 3psi differance in my reading, the edge was 3psi lower then my mech gauge.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:38 AM

post turbo would be a waste of a probe....the readings would be so far off, there wouldbt be a point of even doing..
you can in fact use the pyro for them machanical gauge for the attitude monitor.
"if the pyro is just for show...post turbo is the way to go"
Old 02-05-2006, 11:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spooler
I am installing a pyro gauge and I had a question. If I get an Edge Juice/ Attitude later will I have to install another pyro sensor or can I use the one that I am installing for my gauge? I am not crazy about dropping the Turbo so I was going to install it on the #3 runner and clean it out with a magnet and ducktape method. If I had to run 2 I was going to install the Pyro Post Turbo.
It seems to me that the only reason the mod manufacturers want you to go post turbo is the liability of telling you to drill a hole pre turbo.
Mine is pre turbo, and I agree that pre is more useful, although it couldn't hurt to have both. I plan on installing my post turbo sensor when I get off my butt here soon, and use the second set of pyro leads that came with my Outlook Monitor.
Cheers
Bekim
###
Old 03-07-2006, 09:32 AM

Exclamation pyro help!!!!!

Hey all, Im installing a probe preturbo, but i wasn't able to drop the turbo. Is there any way to drill safely without getting chips in turbo? I have heard of people using back pressure. Will this work? Thanks in advance
Old 03-07-2006, 04:02 PM

Smile

Installed mine preturbo today. Used the tape off the exhaust and grease on bit and tap while running truck. Went fine no problems.