3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Pyro Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pyro Problems

Hey guys, I need your help. I just installed some gauges for a friend of mine on his 2003 HO and everything was great except for the pyro. Here's what I got. I tapped the power from the fuse box under the hood as this is the only place on these trucks apparently. I tapped into a spare fuse spot that only fires when the ignition is on. I have a good ground and all the other wiring to the probe is right and to the gauge itself is correct as you really can't go wrong. By the way it is a new series of Isspro. What were getting is as soon as you turn the key on the gauge goes to 900 and when you start the truck the gauge goes up and down with the amp gauge until it warms up and then it just stays at 900 at idle. I tried direct to battery and it still sits at 8-900. I don't know whats going on. My truck 2002, my pyro will not surge with the amp meter when the truck is warming up, it stays at 250-300 at idle. I'm wondering if I have a bad amplifier, Its brand new. Or is there a better isolated spot in the cab that I can tap the power for the amplifier box???? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the same gauge. Mine work's great. Everyone has been tapping the cig lighter. Something is defenatly wrong. I'd call where you bought the gauge and see what they say.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:58 AM

Thanks, I'll try tapping the cig lighter and see. If not, I guess it'll go back ***t.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:17 AM

There really isnt a possable way for the meter to surge with the amps. Electronics only draw the amp's needed to run the equipment, anything extra there isnt used and does not flow. The surge you are probably seeing is a voltage surge. With voltage, weither the equipment needs it or not, voltage will force itself to the equipment. The pinging of the gauge is due to a voltage surge, stick a voltmeter across your wires and see what it does. An analog meter works best but its hard to find those now-a-days. Digital meters have a slight delay in them and its hard to get a correct reading.