3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Pros and Cons to Raptor and AirDog...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pros and Cons to Raptor and AirDog...

ok guys, whats the pros and cons to the raptor and airdog systems on the install and the differences between them both on performance and operation and features?
Old 02-01-2009, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest, I am running both pumps since I run a 2003 Dodge Cummins converted to run veg. oil. I use the Airdog to run the diesel side and the raptor to run the veggie side. Both of these pumps installed rather easy. The airdog install behind the transfer case on a beefy bracket, all necessary fittings and plenty of hose to complete the install. The raptor is just the raptor pump which I installed on my veggie tank.

Both pumps you can hear run if you are outside of the truck but if inside you hear nothing. I have both of my pumps set to 18 psi and they both provide a very constant pressure even if under a heavy foot( have a low pressue sending unit). I have no real problem with these pumps both are gear pumps which is good, should provide constant pressure and provide a long life on the truck. Only concern I have is the airdog under the truck freezing up considering I live in Central Wisconsin where we just went through a spell of
-35 below (air temp) and I did see the low pressure light come on but only for a few seconds but never again.

Support for both of these products is super although I have not had any realy problems but they provide great advice when I was installing the systems to minimize install and reinstall. If you are looking for "recommend" you bet! Both of these pumps are worth their money.