3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

programmers

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question programmers

I have the edge attitude in my 07' and love it. What I was wondering is why does know one talk about Banks? I was thinking of getting the Banks six gun; monster ram and the CAI from them. Everyone always talks of all the other companies but not Banks why is this? Thanks Bob
Old 09-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If you read up here and on most other diesel sites you will find that banks stuff is decent but usually overpriced and don't actually live up to the claims they make. You will see a few that swear by them but most avoid them and go with other more reliable better performing products.

But to each his own
Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To "dove tail" off rockcrawler's comments...
I have a Banks CAI (it does fine, but knowing what I know now, I would have gone a diffrent direction from a cost standpoint alone). However, I was considering the Banks 6 Gun as well UNTIL I started to get a "well needed" education from the folks on this site, and additional research. In short, I went with Smarty Jr and have NO regrets!
As mentioned above, very costly for the added power gains (which are reported to be minimal at best considering the money you are spending and all the limits Banks puts into thier tuning for "safe" power. Further, the biggest complaint I consistantly hear is that the power comes on all at once in the higher RPM range (similar to the power band on a 2-stroke dirt bike...)
In all, I am fairly convinced that when you purchase a Banks product, you are paying for the stickers more than the performance. However, the Banks sticker does look pretty cool on my beer fridge in the garage...
Old 09-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The reason you don't hear about Banks here is the difference between advertising... and REAL world product use by REAL customers.....

There are wiser ways to spend your hard earned dollars
Old 09-20-2012, 10:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
The reason you don't hear about Banks here is the difference between advertising... and REAL world product use by REAL customers.....

There are wiser ways to spend your hard earned dollars
Well put.

They have some good individual hard parts, but they are a lot of $$ per hp.