3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Which Programmer? Edge Juice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Programmer? Edge Juice?

Hey, can you guys help me decide which programmer to go with? Here are the basics: 05 CTD, 6SPD, HTB2 turbo, DDP stage 1 Injectors, QZilla Boost Fooler, otherwise basically stock.
I have to drive the truck for work 200 miles a day, so I need reliability. I don't really care about fuel economy, I just want to make the drive a little more fun. Wouldn't mind doing some pulling on the weekends, either. My friends all have Edge Juice, but reading here seems like not a lot of power and not much smoke.(both are important, of course) What programmer should I go with? I like the idea of the Attitude Monitor and being able to keep an eye on things and adjust the power level.
Here's the question(s):
Will the Juice do what I need it to do?
What level can I run it at and drive around all day without bombing the truck?
Is there a better program out there I need to look at?
What is the next mod I should do? (besides a clutch)
Thanks
Old 01-28-2007, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have one and I like it alot. If you turn the low boost fueling up you will get a fair amount of smoke and you can always get the HOT upgrade for even more power. With your intake/exhaust/turbo upgrades you should be able to support the Juice fine but a clutch is probably a good idea especially if you go HOT Juice.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by SconsinSmoker
Hey, can you guys help me decide which programmer to go with? Here are the basics: 05 CTD, 6SPD, HTB2 turbo, DDP stage 1 Injectors, QZilla Boost Fooler, otherwise basically stock.
I have to drive the truck for work 200 miles a day, so I need reliability. I don't really care about fuel economy, I just want to make the drive a little more fun. Wouldn't mind doing some pulling on the weekends, either. My friends all have Edge Juice, but reading here seems like not a lot of power and not much smoke.(both are important, of course) What programmer should I go with? I like the idea of the Attitude Monitor and being able to keep an eye on things and adjust the power level.
Here's the question(s):
Will the Juice do what I need it to do?
What level can I run it at and drive around all day without bombing the truck?
Is there a better program out there I need to look at?
What is the next mod I should do? (besides a clutch)
Thanks
You stated you wanted reliability.... The Edge w/ attitude delivers plenty of reliable power. I feel that it will indeed do what you need to do. You can remove/sell your Quad boost fooler also as the Juice takes care of that also. You will get the best MPG from level 2, but you can drive level 3 all the time without any issues. You may be able to do 4 or 5 also, I have never driven mine long term on those levels.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:47 PM

The edge does delivers reliable power and it a good box but I have been running the smarty in mine for about two months now and I love it. It makes alot power and I have not had any problems with it yet. If you like smoke it will smoke it will smoke like crazy if you bog it down. And you need to buy a clutch because mine southbend OFE does not like the smarty on level 9 it slip like crazy.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:32 PM

will the smarty stack with juice w/attitude? I'm happy with it but want the smoke and dont wnat to lose the gauges that are provided
Old 01-28-2007, 09:13 PM

I have the juice on my 06 i like the features like the gauges and the turbo timer and adjustable on the fly, but i like yourself like some too so i am going to have to make a move to get it, but as far as safety and reliable i love it and reccomend it
Old 01-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 03whitedually
will the smarty stack with juice w/attitude? I'm happy with it but want the smoke and dont wnat to lose the gauges that are provided
it does stack but not very popular for some reason...i have no idea why though. I guess most hp junkies that stack the smarty run a TST
Old 01-29-2007, 12:36 AM

I haven't heard of many stacking the edge with smarty either, but I do see a fair amount stacking it with the bullydog. The attitude monitor is very handy and the power gains are good but from my experience I haven't seen an improvement in fuel economy but since you said that's not what you were after here then I would go for it.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the Juice make good power. See below.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by omaharam
I think the Juice make good power. See below.
Hot Juice makes awesome power....I think Hot Juice's on 05 will make even more power. Theres a guy somewhere with an 05 that dynoed over 500 with a hot juice on a stock turbo!