3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

which programer??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which programer??????

i have a 2005 with 6 and 3, and 39.5 iroks. i have not yet put a box on it and i would like to know which one is the best to go with? power and bang! yeeha!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:35 PM

If a programmer is what you are after I would suggest BullyDog TripleDog. I have ran one for about 20,000 miles with zero issues or codes. I switched back to the Edge/Attitude today just because I wanted something different. The Bullydog made more power on my truck than the Edge and put out more smoke. I will run Edge for a while and maybe switch back. I can't leave well enough alone.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:37 PM

smarty all the way!!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:38 PM

Talking to the boys at Edge, they say they have a program for you that will whip the Crazy Larry set-up.
Have you unlocked the 350 ft lb setting yet?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy 6
Talking to the boys at Edge, they say they have a program for you that will whip the Crazy Larry set-up.
Have you unlocked the 350 ft lb setting yet?
If your talking to me then no. Mine is not the Hot Juice. My brother has it though. I didn't have Crazy Larry on my Bullydog either. They make more power than I need. I pull trailers daily so I just use it for better towing power.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Banned

Edge HOT Juice is FUN! i used to have one. i just needed a TST instead.....

Programmers...i vote bullydog.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:46 PM

I installed the SMARTY today. Straight to level 5......LOTS of smoke if you hammer it. I am already ordering a HTB2 to compensate. But if you look at all the posts on here there is one common factor....

BUILD YOUR TRANNY OR YOU WILL BE WALKING!!!

You will hear that the whatever eats puters, the thingamajig causes issues, the whatchadilly smokes injectors...remember this is just a small percentage of the people....Do some searching and read the reviews. Think hard about what you want....speed, torque, towing........Not every one is geared to all of these factors.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ShakinRedCTD
I installed the SMARTY today. Straight to level 5......LOTS of smoke if you hammer it. I am already ordering a HTB2 to compensate. But if you look at all the posts on here there is one common factor....

BUILD YOUR TRANNY OR YOU WILL BE WALKING!!!

You will hear that the BDDL eats puters, the smarty causes issues, the CL smokes injectors...remember this is just a small percentage of the people....Do some searching and read the reviews. Think hard about what you want....speed, torque, towing........Not every one is geared to all of these factors.
Can i please have a link to where Crazy Larry smoked injectors?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:16 AM

I was being open about the subject of issues....not specific.....
Old 12-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Banned

I was being open about the subject of issues....not specific.....
I've never heard of that issue, i was hoping to become educated about it....
Old 12-05-2006, 09:52 AM

What cracks me up is guys talking about how the Smarty eats trannys...

Apperantly they have NEVER been in a truck with the "scary larry" software from HTS. There is NOTHING harder on a a tranny than that. I've ran both the Smarty and the Bully Dog.

I would give a stock tranny 5 minutes before the tranny is COMPLETELY trashed with the scary larry...At least with the way I drive
Old 12-05-2006, 09:57 AM

I've heard you guys mention the Scary Larry before... is that just a program that HTS loads into the BDDL?

RidenHigh, I vote Bullydog for the programmer. Its worked excellent for me so far and its got tons of nice little features for the 2006 trucks. I have no experience with the Smarty, Predator, Superchips or other ones though.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
I've never heard of that issue, i was hoping to become educated about it....

I do not try to be specific about anything on here. If you do it turns into a "yo momma" battle. About my builer said this, and my this my that.......TOO MUCH DRAMA.

I like my smarty, had superchips....it's ok....got burned from an MP8 deal...not from TS but off of ebay. Installed it and all hell broke loose. Gave it to Masonic-Dodge and he sent it off.....it was AFU.

I am here to learn and offer the little advise I have had passed down to me. I believe there are MANY of good products out there!!! All I have to say in closing is "You will pay if you PLAY!!" Do the research and make sure you are willing to let your warranty go.

Nate
Old 12-05-2006, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Luken
What cracks me up is guys talking about how the Smarty eats trannys...

Apperantly they have NEVER been in a truck with the "scary larry" software from HTS. There is NOTHING harder on a a tranny than that. I've ran both the Smarty and the Bully Dog.

I would give a stock tranny 5 minutes before the tranny is COMPLETELY trashed with the scary larry...At least with the way I drive
All I am saying is anything over stock will sooner or later eat a trans....best to fix it before you break it....right????
Old 12-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Banned

I do not try to be specific about anything on here. If you do it turns into a "yo momma" battle. About my builer said this, and my this my that.......TOO MUCH DRAMA.

I like my smarty, had superchips....it's ok....got burned from an MP8 deal...not from TS but off of ebay. Installed it and all hell broke loose. Gave it to Masonic-Dodge and he sent it off.....it was AFU.

I am here to learn and offer the little advise I have had passed down to me. I believe there are MANY of good products out there!!! All I have to say in closing is "You will pay if you PLAY!!" Do the research and make sure you are willing to let your warranty go.

Nate

So if you aren't trying to be specific, why did you say CL eats injectors?

Quick Reply: which programer??????