3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Problems with Juice or Something Else???

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 07:55 AM
Muted User

Location: "The Peoples Republic of Illinois".....behind enemy lines
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problems with Juice or Something Else???

You all may have read in the other 3rd gen areas that I just got back from driving from Chicago to Wellington, FL and back. Total miles...2,965!!! I don't know if these are problems with my Juice w/Attitude or something else. First of all, let me say that my fuel mileage on this trip was very, very good. Best tank was 20.6 and the worst was 19.5. Mileage did not vary noticably no matter the Juice setting. Truck started good. Burned no oil. Now for my problems/concerns.

With the Juice/Attitude set on 1,2 or 3 ( I was experimenting at times ) and the cruise control set at about 68-70mph or 2000rpm, going up inclines there is a bucking/missing just as the cruise control starts to speed the truck up to compensate for the hill. The truck doesn't feel like it looses power or speed, but this sensation is very noticable. The EGT's on the Attutude monitor don't change but the boost and load display go up and down quite fast. This is not a rhythmic sensation and does not occur on all hills. It almost feels like a gasser vehicle that is missing at speed but there is not a noticable loss in power. I can also duplicate this without the cruice on; only not as often. If I give it more pedal, she takes right off through this area. With the Juice on the stock setting, 95% of this goes away.

My other problem/concern is that there is a noticable power loss with the juice/attitude running through the gears. I know that the pinging sound is normal 1600-2000rpm and that it is more noticable with the juice on. With my truck, the pinging seems to turn on at 1750-1800rpm. Driving around town with the Juice on, when the truck hits this magic rpm and the pinging turns on there is a noticable drop in acceleration/power if you do not give her more pedal. Give her more pedal and she takes off like it's going out of style. Again this is not as noticable with the Juice on the stock setting.

Anyone have any ideas here??? Sinse both of these "conditions" occur at roughly the same rpm, aka the pinging zone, are they related?? Thanks
Old 03-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Muted User

Location: "The Peoples Republic of Illinois".....behind enemy lines
COME ON HERE, ANYONE?????
Old 03-26-2005, 07:26 PM

NO Help

Well, I didn't want you to think your out there alone, but in the 5 or 6 Juice/Attitude I ran as a beta tester and after I never ran into what you described. Perhaps others did though. If I were you I would call Aaron at EDGE on Monday morning. If it's happened,....he'll know and can help I'm sure. Good luck.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had some of the same problems, called EDGE and send the Juice back. A few days later they called me and told me that it was nothing wrong with the box. They send the box back, I installed it and it worked great! except for the pinging you mention above.
On my next tank of gas I added 16 oz (half bottle) of Power Service (silver) and it runs so smooth, like the day I purchase the truck, my wife not knowing any of this and who loves quiet vehicles commented that the truck seemed to run "different....quiet.....smoother"

My reazoning to this is: A) Something was installed incorrectly. B) The type of diesel with the edge exagerated the noise. C) Power service really works.

PD Excellent response from EDGE