3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Pro Comp & TrXus on par with BFG;Others?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro Comp & TrXus on par with BFG;Others?

I think most of us generally agree that, overall, BFG, Goodyear, Michelin are the reputed "Quality" tire companies. I know Michelin is lacking for an off-roader. We also know these tires fetch premium prices.

Do the Pro Comp MT's & Super Swamper TrXus MR's rank "On Par" with the
"Big Boys."?

I know Interco Super Swampers & Gumbo Mudders have been around since
the late 70's. They were & still are the mud blasters of all time, & also can
drown out a 500 watt stereo at 60 MPH I also think noise,vibration,
& treadwear were going to be part of that game: You just weren't going to get it as a trade-off for max mud-slinging capability.

It does, however, seem that the Pro Comp MT's & the Trxus may be a "Quieter, Gentler" version of these monster tires. All I know is what I have
seen on tire company & internet sites. I know the Pro Comp MT's are priced
right in there with a BFG Radial MT.

Pro Comp & TrXus have the sizes I want.How do you guys like'em? Are they
quieter, louder than an average MT? (I know somebody said a Toyo was super-quiet) How is vibration, teadwear, etc.....?
Old 02-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Banned

Pro Comp;s I hated them I only got 20,000 out of mine. I am goona get a set of trxxus I think for my next go around.. I had them on my ferd 1/2 and they were the best tire next to my toyo's mt's that I have every had... Not loud awesome traction especially in the snow.. Burried the truck in a summit elk hunting and a slight pull with my 4-wheeler to get her out of the ruts and off the frame and went the rest of the way on her own..

Trxxus - A+
Pro Comp's - enough Said
Toyo MT's - Probably best tire around

Shane
Old 02-25-2007, 09:54 PM

I'm curious to know what the results are on the TrXuS since that's what I want to run on the Dodge. I run 36" IROKs on my Jeep and they are so much quieter than my old 36" TSL Radials. Cruising down the highway at 70mph with no doors there is a light hum from the tires but nothing typical of Swampers. The TSLs were very loud and annoying on longer trips in the Jeep.

Bump to the top for more TrXuS info.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Banned

I believe VikingDeisel is running them and loves them..

Shane
Old 02-25-2007, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Pro Comp;s I hated them I only got 20,000 out of mine. I am goona get a set of trxxus I think for my next go around.. I had them on my ferd 1/2 and they were the best tire next to my toyo's mt's that I have every had... Not loud awesome traction especially in the snow.. Burried the truck in a summit elk hunting and a slight pull with my 4-wheeler to get her out of the ruts and off the frame and went the rest of the way on her own..

Trxxus - A+
Pro Comp's - enough Said

Shane
Which Pro Comps did you have? Im running 37" PC Extreme All Terrains (not Xterrains) and love them. Ive got about 7k miles on them and cant see any wear on them.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Banned

I had the Mud Terrain's. Hated them.. They started cupping right away..
Old 02-26-2007, 06:02 AM

Anybody else with bad experiences with Pro Comp MT's? Its scary & disappointing when your first feedback is like that.

Luvnacumns, know of anybody else w/ problems with them? Anybody?

They're certainly priced up there w/ the big boys!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:07 AM

My Trxus M/Ts were pretty quiet actually. I just had the usual cupping due to running them on the narrow dually wheels. But I still got over 30K miles out of them.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by koogala
Anybody else with bad experiences with Pro Comp MT's? Its scary & disappointing when your first feedback is like that.

Luvnacumns, know of anybody else w/ problems with them? Anybody?

They're certainly priced up there w/ the big boys!
I've read where a few others have the same feelings for them as I did but can't remember who..

Shane
Old 02-26-2007, 09:14 AM

I've been running pro comp mt's for some time now. Currently have 34k on them and I should be able to get another 12-15k, but they will be spent after that. I've rotated them every 3k and kept pressures constant and had no problems with cupping. I am buying the extreme at's in march since they have their special then. I would buy the mt's again but I am doing a lot more highway driving now for my job and would like a tire to last 2 yrs for me which is around 50-60k total. I have a local shop that will give you the normal price of the pro-comps plus the special which saves me around $200 a tire compared to the other brands.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:47 AM

On my old 1/2 ton ram I had both procomp all terrains, and the mud terrains. No problems with either, both were great tires and I got really good deals on them (buy 3 get one free). Now, on my 2500 I'm running the extreme all-terrains and so far I love them!
Old 02-26-2007, 12:39 PM

I had Procomp MTs on my Titan and won't buy them again. They wore quickly and uneven and were really loud. Traction was good but longevity is a problem.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:54 PM

Got 89 000kms out of my last set of Pro Comp AT's
Old 02-26-2007, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns

Trxxus - A+
Pro Comp's - enough Said

Shane
I think the exact opposite I had trxus mt's and procomp mt's I loved the procomps and hate the trxus, I hated them enough to sell them w/ only 1k miles on them to buy another set of procomps
Old 02-26-2007, 06:11 PM

OK. Just came from my local tire shop.

In the new toyo book (New as in they just put it in the binder & gave me the old one) they now have a 33" x 11.50" x 17" in the Open Country MT. (The size I was looking for.) Actual diam. 33.5"

They say this is the best tire going right now. Of course, if you read this thread its kinda like BBQ: Everybody has an opinion where the best is at

Oh well, I appreciate them all; Hell, I'll probably change MY mind tomorrow........ That Toyo IS an awsome looking tire!

I think this thread is about spent........

Quick Reply: Pro Comp & TrXus on par with BFG;Others?