3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Pricol Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pricol Gauges

I'm wanting to install gauges (Pricol), and I've looked at all the stuff on the board and anything I could find on the web. I also had car_nut57 mail me a copy of there instructions. The problem is I don't know if I'm up for the job. Think I can do all the install of the probes, not the problem, it's the install of the gauges them selves. I can't find any instructions on how to wire gauges. I'm looking at tranny temp, pyro, and boost. Boost is no problem because it's got a red wire (hot) black wire (ground) and the tubing that goes on. The tranny temp is a little more discouraging due to all the different connections on the back. One is labeled "T" on is labeled "B" and on at the bottom has squiggly lines. Which one do I use to hook up the probe?? The pyro is a whole different problem. It looks like it has a bulb with two black wires, and it's got a connection on the back for a wiring adaptor, but the box didn't look like it had the wiring adaptor. Maybe this place didn't have the right stuff. Also on the pyro, which light do I hook up? There's a bulb and a LED light, which is part of that little wiring adaptor. Please help!!!!!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 11:35 AM

yeah i put them in they were easy, i took my time and bech wires it like the instructions said, and was good to go. he sends the wire and everything you need. just remember to wire all of you light wires parrelel not serial and basically you should have these wires coming out of the pod when it is ready to into the truck

the ground, the light(dimmer wire) 12dv (keyed) wire the harness for the pyro, the tranny temp sensor wire and the boost wire. i think that is it. you connect all of the pos light wires to each other then all of the Grnd wires together soldering and tapeing or heat shrink do the same for the ground.

thent he rest in in the instructions or Clearly labled. its easy.

good luck, the gaugees are sweet and work great.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:58 AM

MAJORCOMMOTION,

The wiring is not that big a deal, we have generic instructions that I did not mail you which tell you how to connect the wiring. Also when we put together a gauge kit it has all the wires and connectors in the kit and we identify the wires and connections by color on the instructions. Easier still drop on by and we will install them for you.