3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Predator & Power Puck users

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Predator & Power Puck users

Received my Predator and Power puck combo 7 days ago.First time I tried it on Performance mode, noticeable difference, very little smoke when I get on it, Flipped the switch on power puck, expecting more power.made no difference at all, tried 50 hp and 90. is this normal ? On programmer I have a choice of "performance tunes" and below it it says "puck Tunes" for switch to work do I have to download the Puck tunes ? I tried it, still no difference. if it's normal, what's the purpose of the toggle switch ? Maybe I'm not running it hard enough ?
Old 05-26-2007, 07:48 AM

i feel a very noticable difference when the puck is on. i run the stacker tunes on mine because i do a lot of pulling and i need to back it off when i do. have u tried just the puck and no programmer?
Old 05-26-2007, 08:27 AM
MAN

Try just the puck. I run the regular Extreme tune and when I turn the puck on the 90hp setting it really wakes my truck up.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:10 AM

Question

i also noticed no diference between the 2 settings,i took the puck back and tried another and still no diference,im now trying another puck for a diferent year,mines an 04,im trying a 04.5. should be in today,i hear so much about the stack i really want to try it.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Banned

I don't run the Predator, but I use the Hot Juice with Puck combo and the only place that I notice any difference at all is on the low end...with the Edge off and Puck on 90hp setting at 70mph, my pick up feels pretty close to the same as stock. I think that since the Puck is primarily a towing pressure box, the only thing it was really intended for was getting heavy loads rolling off from a dead stop...on another note...Puck on 90hp, Edge off, I can squal my tires, where as stock, she's just plain slow..
Old 05-26-2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Hippie816
i feel a very noticable difference when the puck is on. i run the stacker tunes on mine because i do a lot of pulling and i need to back it off when i do. have u tried just the puck and no programmer?
I haven't tried just the Puck only. I'll use the Programmer to put the truck back to stock and try just the Puck.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:06 AM

I just posted my predator/puck stack for a new home........
Old 05-26-2007, 01:03 PM

My truck runs much better with just the puck on all by itself. I have only run it on the low setting and although it's not a huge power gain on the top end it makes the truck much more driveable on the bottom end. It's very nice.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:51 PM

i run the Extreme stacker tune and when i flip the switch from 50 to 90 hp i do notice a difference, i keep the puck on 50hp when i am cruising and if i want to go on the highway or get on it i flip it to the 90hp, setting.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:45 PM

Talking

i tried 2 pucks for a 04 {d7157}and no diference and a surge off idle and ran real crappy,i got them to get me a d7158 which is for an 05 and it works great,theres a diference,not huge but throttle response is much better,if you still have no luck see if your puk is a d7158 and if it is maybe try a d7157,if you have a d7157 try the d7158,it worked for mine.let us know how it works out.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:10 PM

Performance tunes are for when you don't run the puck. They give some pressure through the programming. Lots of guys had issues with high rail pressures so they came up with the tunes designed to work with their Power Puck. You do not have to turn the puck on in order to use the Puck tunes but you will get no pressure. You will only get the timing and duration from the programmer.
The Puck has three positions. 60hp on the bottom. Off is the middle position. And 90hp is the high setting on the top position. You really should feel a difference in off-idle power even on the 60hp setting unless maybe you didn't hook something up correctly or you got a bum puck....
Old 05-27-2007, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Performance tunes are for when you don't run the puck. They give some pressure through the programming. Lots of guys had issues with high rail pressures so they came up with the tunes designed to work with their Power Puck. You do not have to turn the puck on in order to use the Puck tunes but you will get no pressure. You will only get the timing and duration from the programmer.
The Puck has three positions. 60hp on the bottom. Off is the middle position. And 90hp is the high setting on the top position. You really should feel a difference in off-idle power even on the 60hp setting unless maybe you didn't hook something up correctly or you got a bum puck....
I got my Diablosport programmer out and tried again, I think I know where I messed up. 1st time I tried it I must've downloaded "stacker tow" tune, and then I downloaded " tow performance tune" when I did that it erased the "Stacker Tow" tune and that's why the toggle switch made no difference. For toggle switch to work I should've downloaded Stacker tow or Stacker Extreme.Yesterday I started by putting my truck back to stock, programmer has"Options" I went to that and it'll say what tune is installed, mine says "stock" then I went to "puck " tunes, 2 choices "Stacker tow" Stacker Extreme " I chose "stacker tow. The toggle switch works now. the roads were wet, but I can tell the difference now. tires broke loose every time especially on the 90 setting. Thanks everyone for input.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:38 AM

Glad you got it working but the Puck should work no matter what you have done with the Predator. The Predator does not control the Puck in any way......
Old 05-27-2007, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am getting jealous of this Diablo stack while I have my Superchips set on the recent Performance "de-tune." I have found it for $380 so far.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:03 PM

I wish i didn't make that last reply, about "I think my puck is working". tried it again, this time road is dry. with just puck only, there was no difference, I contacted Thoroughbred diesel, they said to send it in. I read different places that Puck should work by it self. For now I reinstalled my Quadzilla ZXT. Wonder how ZXTwould work with the Predator programmer on Tow setting.

Quick Reply: Predator & Power Puck users