3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Predator non-stack tunes w/ Puck????

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Predator non-stack tunes w/ Puck????

So, is anybody running the regular tunes along with the Puck? I can't seem to get a clear answer anywhere if it is safe. The Predator non-stack tunes add some pressure already so I'm scared to try it unless it's already been tried. The only reason I'm thinking about it is that it seems you can stack pretty much anything with a downloader. I would, of course, only turn the Puck to the low setting.....
Old 07-15-2007, 08:31 AM

i am running regular performance with puck on low seems fine have not tried on extreme ben waiting to see if any one has tried it
Old 07-15-2007, 11:18 AM

Well, I went ahead and tried it today. I have the Predator set on the regular Extreme tune and I tried it with the Puck on the 50hp and 90 hp settings.
Without the puck my FP stays at around 9psi and drops to around 5psi on a hard pull and the rail pressure never goes above the 23000psi range and that's only when I push it hard. Turning the Puck on gets me a minimal power increase, if any, but rail pressure gets bumped up to over 26000psi on a hard pull or even if I wind it out too far before shifting. The 50hp setting feels like it pulls harder than the 90 hp setting and the FP drops to almost 1psi when I'm really getting on it. I don't really care for that high rail pressure so I doubt I will try it again with this tune. I think I will try switching to the Performance tune and try the puck with that and see what it gets me. The bad thing about a DL is that it takes 10-15 minutes to switch programs. It will have to wait until I have time to sit there for that long and change tunes. Honestly, if there is a power gain it's only gonna show up on the dyno. Next time I spin the rollers I'll definitely try it.
I'm glad I finally tried it though. I was afraid I might blow a pressure relief valve but all seems fine up under the hood as of now....