3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Predator milaege seems awesome, forced driving habit change

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Dodgezilla, I am pretty sure you are running RKL non-stack. How many miles have you driven on this tune?

Thanx.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off, I have not read of one incident of injector issues caused by the Predator and I am a member of most Dodge Diesel boards.
My rail pressure stays well in check. Fuel pressure is fine. And EGTs stay below 1300 degrees no matter what. I don't see what could be hurting the injectors...
I have put about 7000 miles on my truck since installing the Predator and I have run many different settings. I currently run the Extreme non-stack tune only because the RKL makes so much smoke. It still smokes on the Extreme setting but I can control it easier..
Creed, I'm not calling you a liar but where did you read about all these injector issues???
Old 08-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Banned

Check diablo sport forumn or do a search on here they are their. I have talked with mike and let him know that we were seeing issues 2 trucks within running nothing but the diablo have developed injector failures one was cracked and the other solenoid burned up. Most of the threads are about warranty voided b/c of key counts and idle times and the problem was cracked or burned up solenoids on injectors either timing/ duration or too much pressure. Just my two cents run it if you wish you are your own warranty station once you install it neways but i will only run it at the track b/c i dont want to be killing any stixs that may be in my near future.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:35 AM

Well heck, anyone here will tell you that any box you run on the high levels will do that if you drive the truck hard all the time.. I'm not gonna say it won't happen to me but judging by my guages my trucks seems to be staying in the safe zone except for tha fact that the rail pressure is 2000psi higher than stock at idle...
Old 08-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

I am not saying that its just the rkl or upper level tunes that are doing it all the tunes have had cases of injector failures the ones on diablo forumn are of guys mad about the false advertising and the fact that they only use their diablo on tow mode for towing and mileage and have had problems. We dont need to start acting like it faulty fuel like all dodge techs. Mike at diablo seems to think the issue is with timing and duration. Granted if you watch the rail pressure on the old r12 version the version for on the fly and trial tune, the idle was rough and the surging on a rail pressure guage it was around 9.5k psi-9.9k at idle thats alot of ware on injectors. With the new r16 update pressure is down around 6.4-6.9kpsi which is lower but still 1k psi more then any other tuner we have tried. I am not saying diablo isnt a good product b/c i love mine and will continue to use it at the track in my current setup not saying that wont change. I was just simply trying to warn the guy about what my visualizations are. Just my 2 cents and you are intitled to your own also. Its your truck once diablo is on you are your own warranty station neways unless you have a good dealer like mine.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:16 PM

I hear you. I was not aware that the new tune brought the idle rail pressures down to the stock level. I can't get my darn computer to update the Predator so I may have to send it in and let them do it....
21000 bombed miles and no major problems yet......
Old 08-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Banned

So you are still running the old r12 with all the problems i listed above the rail pressure at idle in that tune was outrageous. The new tune is still high by 2k psi at idle stock is between 4.2-4.6kpsi we are seeing 6.2-6.8kpsi with the r16 bullydog is 5.4-5.8kpsi at idle.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:30 PM

i believe that the smarty that everyone here holds in such high regards holds the rail pressure at about 9k at idle, for faster response they say.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:22 AM

I have the R14 and didn't have any of those idling issues. I'm pretty sure the Predator keeps the idle rail pressures that high for the same throttle response reason. I'm not sure an updated version would have the same off the line performance if they have dropped it down.
Logic tells me that 9000psi at idle shouldn't hurt the injectors if I can run at 25000psi going down the road for miles and miles. Am I wrong there???
Old 08-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Banned

Its the high psi at idle will continually wear on your injectors and either burn up a solenoid and kill the injector which is what most are stating happened they arent making oil but that cylinder isnt hitting due to bad injectors.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:54 PM

Hmmmmm. That's interesting.....
Old 08-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

Thats my theory but mike at diablo thinks its the timing doing it im no expert but my perspective is the rail pressure deal at idle.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:48 PM

10k rkl miles here and no problems. Im looking forward to my injectors taking a crap, its the only way I can get one over on the wife.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:36 PM

HaHa!! That's kind of how I look at it too....
Old 08-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Banned

I am going with bigger ones soon also but dont want to drop 1k and have my big stixs take a dump on me b/c of diablo.

Quick Reply: Predator milaege seems awesome, forced driving habit change