3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

predator and bully dog stack Q.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
predator and bully dog stack Q.

my truck came with a bully dog torque dog and i haven't seen anybody running this bully dog, is it that bad? my truck runs good no idle issues or nothing that i notice, the power from stock to the extra 90hp is noticeable, i keep it at the 90hp all the time, is this bad?

now, i just recently got a used Predator since i read that is really good for the price and since mine is used it was a even better price, i read a lot and i know smarty is the way to go but i just can't affort it right now, i'd like to but can't.

so, can i run the predator with a stack tune and keep it on the performance setting and keep the bully dog on the stock setting and just switch it to the extra 90hp whenever i'm playing with a powerstroke or duramax?

or should i just sell the bully dog and keep the predator alone?

please let me know.

thanks a lot.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:48 PM

do a search and see if the torque dog is a presure only box,if it is you will be fine running a stacker tune on the pred,the pred only comes with a tow staker and extreme stacker,to get a performance stacker you need to go to thier site and download it,you will be very happy with the pred,they work awsome on the 03-04s.ive had mine for over a year with no issues.the stacker tunes on the pred only reduce the presure,they dont remove timing,you can download non timing tunes on thier site too.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:30 PM

sounds good thanks, i will try to find the performance stacker then. which stacker are you running? had you run the extreme at all? is it safe and even more stacking it? is it too much power for the truck? i know my clutch will suffer if i use it a lot, but how is the engine handling all this power?
thanks for any info.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by duallydave
do a search and see if the torque dog is a presure only box,if it is you will be fine running a stacker tune on the pred
does this help to that question?
from bully dog website
"The Torque Dog is a module that easily plugs into the injection pump or into the port link boost sensor depending on the type of vehicle you own"
Old 02-27-2008, 11:24 AM

anybody?
ttt
Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 PM

this is what i got from BD...

The bully dog will not work with any other competitors products. The torque dog for the Dodge Cummins has the capability of 0hp - 90hp there should be a switch. The torque dog adjust allot of variables to create the power it does. It adjust timing and injection along with others.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:38 PM

you wont be able to run them together. Just pull the torque dog out and run the Diablo by itself. You'll have much better results and will be happier. Diablo creates some good power.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:36 AM

ok then, torque dog out it is.
thanks all.