3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

predator box

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just put a stage three box on my new 600 last week and all i can say is FAST . they dynoed my truck stock and it was 283 hp and 523.6 tourque after box was 396 hp and 720 tourque. cant garantee there dyno but man is this thing fast. dont have guages yet so cant say about egt will add them soon. power comes on smooth and this truck seems to never quit pulling. these guys were great they met me at there shop on saturday wich was my day off and they are normally closed . i wouldnt hesitate to recomend them. several of our local dodge dealers are putting on there box's on the dealership lot. hope this helps some. on a side note can someone tell me about the TAG and if it is woth the cash and is it a noticable difference. im a newbie here and this site rocks.
d12
Old 06-25-2004, 02:11 PM

durango12

There's been a lot of discusion around the TAG, opinions vary. I know there has been documented increase in spool-up and lower EGT's both a good thing.

In my case I didn't have the gauge installed before the TAG, so I'm not sure it helped on EGT, but I know I can hear the turbo come on a couple hundred rpm sooner. The science behind it is quite sound and frankly I think Dodge did a poor job designing the intake hose, it should be a lot straighter.

I would recommend you do a search on TAG and decide for yourself.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:34 PM

Predator

Originally posted by durango12
i just put a stage three box on my new 600 last week and all i can say is FAST . they dynoed my truck stock and it was 283 hp and 523.6 tourque after box was 396 hp and 720 tourque. cant garantee there dyno but man is this thing fast. dont have guages yet so cant say about egt will add them soon. power comes on smooth and this truck seems to never quit pulling. these guys were great they met me at there shop on saturday wich was my day off and they are normally closed . i wouldnt hesitate to recomend them. several of our local dodge dealers are putting on there box's on the dealership lot. hope this helps some. on a side note can someone tell me about the TAG and if it is woth the cash and is it a noticable difference. im a newbie here and this site rocks.
d12
What is the claimed HP and TQ increase on the stage 3? Personally I'd like for you to get back with me or us and let us know how this thing works with the cautious eye of the gauges. We're all gonna be looking for egts, boost, mpgs. Also I'm not doubting your success with this box, but are you running upgrades on exhaust, intake and or turbo? If so, what are they? I have a 600 and am very interested.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:29 AM

Does anyone have a stage 2 on their 600?? My truck would not even run with it on there. Now I wonder if I just got a bad box or if they don't really work on the 600.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:23 PM

Stage 2 box

Originally posted by coolslice
Does anyone have a stage 2 on their 600?? My truck would not even run with it on there. Now I wonder if I just got a bad box or if they don't really work on the 600.
Sounds like something was wrong with your Stage 2 box,...referencing Durango12 above.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:56 AM

Re: Stage 2 box

Originally posted by OT-OF-Here
Sounds like something was wrong with your Stage 2 box,...referencing Durango12 above.
He has a stage 3. I don't think I have seen anyone on here running a stage 2 on a 600. I'm just wondering if the ECU on the 600 is not fooled by this box like some say or if I just got a lemon.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:57 PM

box

rmb thanks for your reply on the tag. ot of here as soon as i get the guages installed i will give a full report. no upgrades it already has 4 inch exhaust. as far as mpg took a trip this weekend and gained 1.5 mpg . the mpg for the 600 auto ( sucks). cool slice i tried a stage 2 on my truck and it dynoed at 330 hp and 620 foot pounds to rear wheels . wich was a decent gain over rear wheel hp and tourque stock. remember guys i am giving you hp and tourque off the print out and seeing it in person on there dyno. take it for what it is worth i ahve a connection at local cummins and im going to see if i can get it on there dyno and compare numbers. but all in all i am very happy with the difference it made in my truck wich is 2500 auto 4wd and 3.73 gears. yes the power does come on a little later than stock but i also added 315 size tires wich imo killed it compared to stock 265 tires. that is the reason i was asking about the tag to see if i could get the turbo to spool up a little faster. thanks
d12
Old 06-28-2004, 07:56 AM

Re: box

Originally posted by durango12
rmb thanks for your reply on the tag. ot of here as soon as i get the guages installed i will give a full report. no upgrades it already has 4 inch exhaust. as far as mpg took a trip this weekend and gained 1.5 mpg . the mpg for the 600 auto ( sucks). cool slice i tried a stage 2 on my truck and it dynoed at 330 hp and 620 foot pounds to rear wheels . wich was a decent gain over rear wheel hp and tourque stock. remember guys i am giving you hp and tourque off the print out and seeing it in person on there dyno. take it for what it is worth i ahve a connection at local cummins and im going to see if i can get it on there dyno and compare numbers. but all in all i am very happy with the difference it made in my truck wich is 2500 auto 4wd and 3.73 gears. yes the power does come on a little later than stock but i also added 315 size tires wich imo killed it compared to stock 265 tires. that is the reason i was asking about the tag to see if i could get the turbo to spool up a little faster. thanks
d12
How were your egts? Have you pulled with it? How much weight and results?