3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

PPE Dyno Video LOL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Don M
AK, You should have access to all levels of the TST. I found zero damage to those injectors. Did you have a pressure increasing box in use? If so, how long?
I have tried many pressure boxes, but I haven't run higher pressure any longer than maybe 150 miles cumulative at most. Just never liked them. I would put one on, 20 or 30 miles with it, then take it off and try something else. So technically the answer would be no since they haven't seen enough pressure to make a difference. I did order a VA C3.1 to stack with the TST. Haven't tried the VA yet. Should be here next week.

I looked at my EGT reading after that run on 9/7 as I was focusing on boost at the time, and the 1686 was my high EGT recording so I don’t know where in that process that temp was reached. I backed off as soon as the turbos spun down and I noticed the truck wasn't really going anywhere. What is weird is the truck took off hard, turbos suddenly spun down to 40lbs (from about 57), they tried to go back up a little with my foot still in it, and came back down again. Has happened twice now. Once on 7/7 and once on 9/7. On 7/7 when it did it, boost dropped to 40lbs and EGTs still didn't hit 1200*F. I'm puzzled. Almost makes me think torque management is playing games with me, but I don't fully understand what variables and RPMs trigger torque management to kick in, so it is hard to tell.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don,

I'll be driving straight thru (all highway) on the trip home so I should have a great down and back comparison. Now if I can just keep my fat foot out of it on the way back I'll be good to go. If everything works out well (as far as time in transit goes) I might be able to make the BD dyno days for some runs. That would also give me a chance to hit Piers load dyno again for some back to back comparisons. Should be a fun week!

Richard