3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

PPE dual fueler installed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
PPE dual fueler installed!

Well I went from my Floor-It stage 2 to PPE duals. Let me say this is a very nice kit, still took a little bend here push their to get everything to fit perfect but with all the little components involved I was impressed how well the kit fits.
I will say I loved my Floor-It pump and I think it kept up very well. The difference I see is with the duals if you touch the throttle you are at 20-21K, if you push it a little more 23-24K, and we will see at WOT but Im betting 26+(havent had the bollocks to try wot). The duals just seem to raise RP faster, and keep it up and going up. My truck feels more responsive, and I believe I am seeing a little less smoke. I will post some pics but most of you have seen the kit. Also the D-max pump on top, I have to say is very nice.

Thanks to Timinva (TRE) and his partner Tim for installing the kit, while I harassed them and asked way too many questions. I have to put up the pic when I get a chance of the fuel line clamp that fits perfect on my truck, but doesnt on either of thiers .

Any questions guys feel free to ask here or PM me, I know alot of you are on the modified/dual pump fence. Rye.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrads. im glad they finally came in and you were able to have tim install them!

brett
Old 09-16-2007, 01:17 PM

Well I got the PPE kit installed, but my MPI twins will have to wait till next sunday. Its gonna be a long week . But to be honest to Im kind of glad cause the pumps took about 4HRS and I bet the twins take 6, so breaking it up into 2 days is best.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:29 PM

it should run really well when you get it done. I would love to have twin pumps and turbos but they arent in the budget. I bet you will be in the 750hp range when you get all your stuff on.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:37 PM

Twinns

Yes Please let us know once you get you Twinns installed, Are you or have you sold your Stage -2 Pump?
Did you notice any Real Differance in performance as Far as Pump Surging is Concerned, I am still Running a Stock CP3, And have herd Many speak of Surging issues that Alot of the Modded Pumps can have, maybe noticed at Idle with heavy lopping perhaps, Anyhow I here the Twinns do not experince this issue, Not that it is a Real problem persay. What is the make of your Twinns you purchased . Anyhow Sounds Killer you must be excited to get thos puppies installed, I am interested in hearing how they perform and if they help clear the smokeup faster.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:23 PM

I have heard people talk about surging with a modded pump. But I can tell you my Floor-IT stage 2 never surged, and I dont know anyone first hand that has had any problems with Floor-IT pumps.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:08 PM

The surging that people have is usually from the FCA valve. My dual cp3s surged for a while until I replaced the FCAs. Took care of that problem. Those valves don't like pressure i think.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Banned

I gotta wonder about the differences in the Duramax pump and the Cummins.

PPE says their kit should only see 12 to 15psi from the LP. I think the Cummins likes more than that. I know when I ran my stocker alone at 22psi it was fine.

I'm having some either fuel knock or valve cladder ( not really sure if it's either ) and I gotta wonder if the duals have something to do with it.

Changing FCA's won't work unless both are bad.. you still have one Duramax and one Cummins FCA. I wonder if they really do work in sync together. What does the PPE electronic box really do ?

Other than that... I have real good RP@WOT
Old 09-16-2007, 07:02 PM

How does your truck run with the dual cp3's and the BD twins? I guess what I am asking is your egt's still in check or are they alot higher?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:38 PM

My setup has two cummins cp3s. This way everything matches.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chrleb1
My setup has two cummins cp3s. This way everything matches.
yeah but, this thread is about the PPE kit. I didn't know anyone's kit supplied another Cummins pump. Even II uses the Duramax.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:33 PM

I know... II kit is a PPE kit. II doesn't make their own, they just put their name on it. You can mount any pump to the brackets. I just had a couple cp3s laying around (cummins), so i put one of those on instead of buying a new duramax pump. This way I can run any pressure i want into the cp3.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:40 AM

EGTs havent changed. The rail just gets more pressure faster and it doesnt drop at all. So I really dont think I will see any higher EGTs.

Originally Posted by Jethro6213
How does your truck run with the dual cp3's and the BD twins? I guess what I am asking is your egt's still in check or are they alot higher?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:49 AM

I know you had a cutom set of twins made, but do you think that the BD twins will work good with the dual cp'3 and a set of 100hp sticks?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:01 PM

Yes, and they will run good with a larger set of injectors if you wish. I am running flux 3.5's which are alot larger than 100hp sticks. No worries.

Originally Posted by Jethro6213
I know you had a cutom set of twins made, but do you think that the BD twins will work good with the dual cp'3 and a set of 100hp sticks?

Quick Reply: PPE dual fueler installed!